Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Nicole

I emerged from the bathroom wearing a strapless, sweetheart neckline, ruffled dress shirt. It had a navy blue top--over my breasts--with a bow in the middle and then the bottom was ruffled and white. I was also wearing low-rise skinny jeans, some navy blue ballet flats, and my ring.

“You look sexy,” Chase smiled. He was wearing a white button up shirt and a nice pair of light blue jeans.

“I know,” I grinned going to look in the floor length mirror. “I’m ready to go.” I grabbed Chase’s hand and tugged him behind me, towards the door.

The rest of them were waiting by the top of the stairs. Mack was wearing a black collared shirt and some khakis. Jonathan was being rebellious and was wearing a regular black V-neck and some dark blue jeans.

Lisa was wearing a red dress with white polka dots. It was sleeveless with a sweetheart neckline and went down to her knees. She also had on red ballet flats and her ring. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and she had light mascara and lip gloss on.

Natalie was wearing a black bralet and a high waist black skirt, showing her belly button. She had on black heels and her ring. Her hair was down and in teased curls. Her eye makeup was smoky.

“Lisa, what are you wearing?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“A cute dress,” she shrugged.

“You look--”

“She looks cute,” Natalie stopped me. “Don’t be a bitch, Nicole.”

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. “Can we just go?”

Mack gave me a look before wrapping his arm around Lisa’s waist and tugging her down the stairs. Natalie was next towing down Jonathan by his hand. When I went to take the first step Chase took my hand, but I shook it away.

“Why won’t you hold my hand?” Chase whispered.

I shrugged. “I don’t feel like it.” I felt him pause next to me but I ignored it, jogging down the remaining steps.

At the restaurant we were seated at a table. I sat on the end, next to Natalie and across from Chase. Chase was next to Jonathan. Lisa and Mack were at the other end of the table, across from each other. And yes we planned it this way--not that I know why exactly.

“Hello everyone, I’m Crew and I’ll be your server this afternoon,” the waiter said with a smile my way. “Can I start you off with something to drink?”

“Yes please,” I smiled. “Can I have a lemonade?”

“Of course,” he nodded jotting it down before moving onto Natalie.

“Sweet tea.”

“Coke.” Lisa.

“Water.” Mack.

“Lemonade.” Jonathan.

“Just some water please,” Chase said.

“Alright, I’ll be right back with that.” He winked at me before turning away. I smiled before looking back down at the menu. I could feel the eyes of my friends watching me so I looked up. “What?”

“Seriously? He winks at you so you smile?” Natalie asked, slamming a hand on the table.

“Well yeah...” I shrugged. I saw Chase’s expression and rolled my eyes. “What? It is not like I’m going to follow him into the back and do the deed with him, I mean ew! I don’t like him, don’t worry. I’m not interested.”