Chapter 17

I am very sorry about the delay. I've had some writer's block--which is why this isn't longer. So anyway here it is. Enjoy!

Jazminemh

7-3-13 3:04PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17

Chase

Walking away, knowing she was about to go do stupid shit with God knows who ate at me. And it pissed me off. Had I only done it the way I was supposed to I could have prevented this, had I controlled myself, everything would be fine.

Now I’m sitting in the parlor, my eyes locked on the clock that read eleven twenty. She still hadn’t come home.

“Chase!” Hannah called rushing into the room, her eyes wide. She was dressed in a gray tank top and some pajama pants, her hair was messy. “You need to go pick up Nicole. She’s at the police station.”

I jumped to my feet and walked to my sister. “What? How do you know?”

She wiggled her phone. “She called me just a minute ago blabbering about how she got arrested and needed me to go get her. She specifically told me not to send you, which is exactly how I know I should.”

I nodded. “I’ll tell her I caught you leaving and Derek told me what was going on.”

“Thanks, bro,” she smiled. “See you later.”

“Hi, I’m here to pick up Nicole. I’m her fiance,” I said to the officer sitting at the front desk.

The man gave me a tight smile. “You should really learn to keep her on a leash,” he told me. “I need you to fill these out. She is being charged with underage drinking, public intoxication, vandalism, destruction of property, and breaking and entering. But, dude, if I was you I’d leave her in here for the night. Shake some sense into her. I don’t think you’ll like who we found her with, considering you’re her fiance.”

My eyes narrowed. “Who?”

“Come with me,” the man nodded.

He led me back to where the cells were and straight to where Nicole was. She was sitting on the bed, her chin in her hand. Some guy was sitting at her side.

“Babe, you are like real pretty,” he slurred, laying a hand on her shoulder.

She swatted his hand away and stood up, which is when her eyes met mine. “Shit,” she blurted.

“Yes, ‘shit’,” I nodded at her. “I caught Hannah trying to sneak out, with Derek. Derek told me.”

“Dammit! Look it’s not a big deal, I--”

“Hell yes it’s a big deal. You’re in jail, Nicole. I have half a mind to leave you here for the night. I probably should. And I would if you were in a cell by yourself.”

“Well we could--”

“Walter, please don’t,” Nicole turned on the officer with pleading eyes.

The officer--Walter--nodded and turned back to me. “So, lets go work out the cost and then you can decide what you want to do with her.”

“Can I come--”

“No,” the both of us said.

“Five hundred and sixty eight dollars? Are you sure that’s as low as you can get it?” I asked, leaning back in the chair. Now way could I pay for that. My parents could but...I only had about two hundred in my bank account at the moment, and maybe twenty-five in my pocket. “I only have about two-twenty-five,” I sighed.