Chapter 10

Sorry for the delay. This is 7 pages on MS Word. I wouldn't have taken so long if I hadn't gotten writer's block halfway through it. Anyway here it is...

May 13th 2013

P.S. My birthday is next Tuesday!!! Excitement!

--Jazminemh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

Nicole

            I emerged from the bathroom wearing a dark blue halter top, a low cut dark blue halter top, torn skinny jeans, black combat boots. I had my hair up in a high ponytail, butterfly hoop earrings, and a butterfly pendant necklace. My makeup was just a light layer of eyeliner and some blue eye shadow.

            Chase’s eyes widened slightly when he saw me. “You look a little hot for just a breakfast date.” He looked down at my boots. “Are you planning to kick someone’s ass?” he joked.

            I rolled my eyes. “This entire outfit is something I got from Hannah,” I shrugged. “I figured, why not?”

            Chase wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. “I really like the outfit,” he whispered in my ear.

            “Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” I asked as he trailed kisses up my neck.

            “I think it may be both,” he admitted.

            “Okay, go shower so we can go. I didn’t use all of the hot water, don’t worry,” I smiled pushing him back.

            He kissed my cheek and nodded. “I’ll be out in a few minutes.” He grabbed his clothes and made his way into the bathroom.           

            When the door shut the curtain by the window blew to the side from the sudden gust of wind. That flick of light made something on the dresser sparkle brightly. I walked to it slowly and peered down at it. On the dark wood of the dresser sat a small silver ring with a red heart-cut deep red ruby in the middle with a small regular diamond on either side of it. It was beautiful. I could feel a gasp entering my mouth as I slowly picked it up to study it even more. A spark of something went off in my head, and I was caught in a memory.

Chase stood at his door, in a tux with the tie undone. “Ugh, Chase you could at least tie the damn thing,” Hannah snapped.

            “I will,” he nodded. “I just needed to make sure my love was wearing this.” He held out a small round ring. It had a red heart-shaped ruby sitting on top of it. On either side of the ruby was a small sideways oval shaped diamond. The rest was just a silver ring.

            “Oh! Is that Grandma Aggie’s ring?” Hannah asked, jumping up once.

            “It was,” Chase nodded. “Now I want my mate, my beautiful mate, to have it. Nicole, will you be mine?”

            I smiled and allowed him to slip the ring on my left ring finger. “Of course I will.”

            An arm curled around my waist pulling me back against a hard chest and making me gasp in surprise, pulling me from the memory. The ring slipped from my fingers and clattered on the dresser top. “Sorry,” I whispered reaching out to snatch it off the wood. I held it out to Chase with a timid expression on my face. “It just caught my eye and I…I’m sorry.”