Introduction

"Tell me do you know how when you're with me?" Callie sang into a microphone in her hand.

"You wouldn't listen, oh irony," Marie sung in response.

The Squid Sisters were on stage singing "Maritime Memory" for the celebration that was taking place. It was set in Inkopolis Plaza with the Great Zapfish residing on the tower, smiling dumbly. There were many inklings dancing in the plaza to the music provided by Callie and Marie. Although it was already past midnight, the inklings showed no signs of quitting the celebration as they continued to express their enthusiasm and excitement through the music.

Today was not Splatfest. Today was Sunday night and the next Splatfest would be held the next Saturday. The inklings of Inkopolis Plaza had gathered in the main plaza to celebrate the heroic and brave actions of Silver and Sapphire, who had defeated the army of Ontarians and their king, DJ Octavio. In return, they returned the Great Zapfish to Inkopolis City. Dressed in their gear and holding up their Hero Shots, Silver, Sapphire, and Captain Craig Cuttlefish stood on the portable stage in the middle of the plaza. There was a large group of inklings and adults cheering for the two heroes. After the Squid Sisters finished performing "Maritime Memory," they began to close out the celebration.

"Give all your gratitude and thanks to Silver and Sapphire, guys!" Callie said.

"In thanks for Silver, we will be releasing a new ink color: silver!" Marie announced gaining the interest from the crowd.

"Yes! Silver ink!" Silver exclaimed, being thrilled as Sapphire laughed.

"And in thanks for Sapphire, we will be releasing ruby and sapphire colored weapons at Ammo Knights," Callie announced as the crowd talked amongst each other in excitement.

"Yay! Red and blue, my favorite colors on my rollers!" Sapphire exclaimed, as Silver smiled at her.

"And remember, Splatfest is in a week, so be sure to vote for either Art or Science and get a T-shirt!" Marie reminded.

"Thanks again Silver and Sapphire, and stay fresh!" the Squid Sisters gave thanks and signed out.

As the Squid Sisters departed from the stage, more of the number of inklings in the crowd in the plaza began to diminish. The lights dimmed to a minimum, allowing some for the other inklings who still were energetic to participate in battles. As Silver and Sapphire jumped off their stage, they went to Captain Cuttlefish who also was slowly stepping off from the stage.

"Thanks a ton for helping us through Octo Valley, Cap," Silver spoke up with a smile, with Sapphire nodding afterwards.

"Don't thank me, thank you guys!" Captain Cuttlefish exclaimed. "If it weren't for you two lads, then the Great Zapfish would have still been in their hands! I'll always know a pair of inklings I can call when I'm in trouble" he said with a smile and a salute before trotting back to the sewer pipe to Octo Valley.

Silver and Sapphire glanced at each other and smiled as they were walking out of the gates to the plaza.

"We did it, Sapphire," Silver said tiredly. "I can't believe it though."

"Well, you could say it wasn't bad for our first time in Inkopolis," Sapphire chuckled.

"Hahaha, sure," Silver laughed at her remark.

They walked beside each other down the roads of downtown Inkopolis. Downtown Inkopolis, located in the center of the city, included Inkopolis plaza, government buildings, and the commercial shops lined up and down each street. Surrounding downtown Inkopolis was the suburban area containing houses and apartments for all the inklings and adults who took residence in the city. Downtown Inkopolis continued southward from Inkopolis Tower until Hammerhead Bridge, the southernmost point of the mainland. Silver and Sapphire passed by Urchin Underpass and Blackbelly Skatepark on their way to their apartments. Busy highways loomed over the city next to Moray Towers and Urchin Underpass in the downtown area. Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall were also set in the South near the southern beach, where Hammerhead Bridge and Port Mackerel were located and Saltspray Rig seen from afar. Southeastern Inkopolis was where Flounder Heights and Bluefin Depot were located, and a little ways North was the Ancho-V Games headquarters. To the far West coast of Inkopolis was a more recreative and attraction area of the city, where Museum D'Alfonsino and Mahi-Mahi Resort were located. Kelp Dome was located in the North, near the more rural vicinity of the mainland. In aforementioned rural area was where Camp Triggerfish and Piranha Pit were located.