Chapter 19: The End

Silver winced as he pulled his tight armor over his body. It brushed against his chest, which was very sensitive due to it being closest to the explosion from yesterday. Sapphire quickly passed him, playfully punching his arm as she went to prepare. Silver rubbed his arm with a grin as he went to set his weapons.

Sapphire ran through the little hallway to the kitchen where she open the curtains. The bright sunrise peered through the windows, shining light on the contents on the counter. Quickly, she shoved a bunch of unwrapped poptarts into a toaster and put a plate full of rice and leftover breakfast food into the microwave. She sighed in content as she sipped from a random glass of milk from the counter and bit from a random poptart she singled out from the microwave.

"Sorry," Thalia giggled as she playfully shoved Phoenix and DJ Octavio out of the bathroom and went inside with Clarisse. Phoenix and DJ Octavio groaned and went to put on their armor and gear that Silver was handing out in the dining room. When they were all fitted with the appropriate gear, Silver led them out of the suite to go look for more equipment all around Mahi-Mahi Resort.

Sapphire sat down at the kitchen table, shoving some equipment out of her way as she held her poptart with her mouth and scanned her phone of the millions of notifications. Miraculously, she found it in her pack when she thought she lost it a long time ago. There were texts from her dad and a bunch of war reports from Sheldon and a bunch of group leaders.

According to them, there were different mini wars going on in the different islands when the Octarians found that the squid's leader, Silver, was gone. Apparently, the whole army was sent to target Silver. Now, while the main battle raged on in the Tentatique-Rockenberg wilderness, mini wars and violent street battles happened in the other islands and cities.

Sapphire set her phone on the table and stared out the window. It was a cloudless morning, and the sun shone so brightly that she could feel the heat radiating off every single thing outside and towards her. Then, while she was chewing her poptart, she began to wonder what Silver and the other boys were doing.

She flinched and almost dropped her poptart on the floor when she heard a squishy noise followed by something dropping and giggling. Immediately, Sapphire rushed to the bathroom and almost kicked the door open.

Inside, Thalia was fumbling to get her toothbrush. Her towel was wrapped sloppily around her body like it was about to fall off, and her electric blue-dark fuchsia hair and shoulders were too wet from inkwater as if she just got out of the shower only one second ago. The shower was still on, but Sapphire was sure she could see Clarisse's silhouette through the shower curtains.

Sapphire gulped. "Clarisse, what happened?"

Clarisse turned the shower off and stepped out, not caring that Sapphire saw her. Sapphire rolled her eyes and leaned lazily against the door. After Clarisse dried herself off and wrapped her towel over her chest, she said, "Nothing really," in a skeptical tone.

"Okay... Just wanted to say that Thalia's still twelve years old," Sapphire said passively as she started to walk out the door.

"...She's TWELVE?!" Clarisse gasped and stared at herself in the mirror.

"What?" Thalia asked innocently.

"None of you told me she was twelve!" Clarisse yelled in defense.

Thalia smiled, her face reddening.

Sapphire sighed and walked away. "...Clarisse, it's time to go."

Clarisse laughed heartily as as she ruffled Thalia's hair. Thalia giggled.

Sapphire closed the door quickly and ran to the kitchen where the boys entered the room.