Chapter 14: Fighting in the Wilderness - Part 2

The silver soul lingered midair, still hovering over Silver's body. The soul seemed to exert itself, slowly descending down back into the body. After a few minutes, the soul was nowhere to be seen, but definitely inside Silver's body. Phoenix and Thalia stepped out from behind the crowd and stood behind

In a few seconds, color returned to Silver's body, piquing Sapphire's curiosity.

"...Silver?" Sapphire said quietly. She carefully placed her hand above his heart on his chest. In an instant, Silver's body dissolved in the water.

"SILVER!" Sapphire yelled in sorrow. "No! Don't die!" she scooped a little of the river water into her hands.

"It's okay, Sapphire," some of the fighters said, standing on either side of Sapphire. "Silver died, but I guess he was able to come back to life and be splatted by the water. Remember that his body dissolved and his soul is right there?" they said, pointing up a little. Phoenix and Thalia seemed to smile.

Sapphire slowly glanced up. Above her was a silver-colored soul with tired eyes. It was smiling as it rose up into the sky and floated into the direction of Tentatique City. Sapphire started sweating.

"...Uhh, yeah... I knew that..." Sapphire mumbled, standing up from the river bank.

Behind Sapphire, Thalia hugged her tightly. Sapphire turned around and hugged the smaller and shorter octoling tightly.

"Sapphire, it's okay. It must be hard going through that. We understand, Phoenix tried to comfort her. "But at least Silver is still alive..."

"...Okay... Thanks, guys..." Sapphire said softly and sniffed. She rubbed her eyes and picked up her weapon. "So... Our next mission is to..." Sapphire stood there silently, her thoughts lost on what to do next. Even Thalia looked up at Sapphire with her intrigued blue eyes.

"We'll go attack from the front of their camp," a quiet voice said from the trees.

Sapphire looked up towards the many trees. Stepping out from the shadows was Silver. He held his sniper under his arm. He had a tired look in his eyes, and he was rubbing his back.

"...Silver!" Sapphire yelled in relief. She dropped her Roller and ran into Silver's arms. Being a bit tired and unexpected, Silver got pushed onto the ground along with Sapphire. Phoenix and Thalia ran and caught up with them and smiled. Thalia was jumping around, filled with excitement and relief.

"..." Silver said nothing. He only relaxed against the clean grass and looked up at Sapphire who was on top of him.

"Sorry!" Sapphire quickly said and got off of him. The other fighters began to surround them.

Silver sat up against the tree trunk and rested. Sapphire stood up with the other fighters. One of the middle-aged fighters stepped forward.

"Hey, Silver, may I ask something?" the adult female asked with a confused look. Silver nodded.

"...You clearly died. Your soul rose out of your body while it was still intact. Then, your soul went back to your body. How in the world could you possibly come back to life? They say that once the soul leaves the body while it is still intact, a person dies. But your soul came back..." the woman said in an astonished tone.

"...Determination?..." Silver answered questioningly. "I don't know... All I felt after I passed out was being extremely tired..."

"...I guess you stayed determined to live..." the woman said as she stepped back.

"Yeah... I guess so..." Silver chuckled slightly. He got up to his feet and picked up his sniper. "Well, I guess we can go now. I'm ready."

With the help of Sapphire, Silver slowly stood up. He smiled at his group of fighters and back at Sapphire. "...Well, I guess I can always find a way to come back, huh..." Silver chuckled. The army and Sapphire smiled.