Chapter 8: The Destruction of Inkopolis

"CARTER!" the little girl, Sophia scooped up Judd where Carter dropped him, came out of the ink, and ran to him. At the sight of Sophia, the Octarians began to shoot.

"AHHHH!!!" she yelped jumping and swimming away while the rest took the chance to throw bombs at the Octarians. Chloe, with her exchanged weapon, the Carbon Roller Deco, used her special and released five Seekers to which three of them hit. Being weak, the Octarians laid on the floor, struggling to get up, not before Silver took their dropped weapons and shot them.

The weapon that Silver picked up shot similarly to a Blaster, but it had a cold and dark feeling with it. It looked frightening compared to the decorated weapons that they used in battling.

Backing off to his friends, Silver dropped the cold weapon and raised his hands. "I had to. What else could I have done?" he immediately said.

"Y-you killed three people..." Sapphire stammered, grabbing his arm.

"Look... I had to. Would you rather me kill people in defense or be killed yourself?" he asked her looking into her eyes. Sapphire responded with silence.

"Everyone can come out now," Aiden called out in the plaza. Cautiously, many inklings appeared out of the silver ink, staring up at the midnight sky and coming to join Silver to keep defending. Chloe looked over to some inklings who were knelt over a dead boy.

"What about that inkling there?" Chloe pointed to the plaza.

Silver peered at his lifeless and unmoving body, blood mixing with the silver ink around him. "There's nothing we can do about that," he said, "but if we hurry, we can get this boy to the hospital." He pointed to Carter.

He looked at Hank. "Go to recon mode and pick Moray Towers. Carefully fall off the course, since the kettles don't seem to be working. But you gotta get out of the stage boundaries before the time for recon is over. The hospital is in the distance with the helipad on the top," he told him. Hank nodded quickly and took Carter in his arms, Sophia closely following them with Judd in her hands.

"Guys," he turned to the rest. "We need to go into the city and stop those Octarians with these weapons," he said, holding up the black pistol that he stole from the dead Octarian. "If those Octarians have discovered weapons like these, who knows what they'll do to the city."

"C'mon, it's no big deal," Clarisse interrupted. "I can just throw a Splat Bomb or something anytime. No one needs you to lead us," Clarisse said arrogantly.

"...You know what?" Silver walked up to her and glared at her. "Do you wanna get shot in the head like that inkling over there and die?" he questioned her. "Well, I guess you want to, since you really badly want to get out of here. That's fine with me. You can leave now."

Clarisse just stared there in silence. Still knowing he was a bad leader, she jumped off of the walkway and exited through the pothole to Octo Valley. Frank and Luke had disappointed faces, directed towards Silver, but not Clarisse. One by one, the two decided to follow Clarisse through the pothole, going to the Octarians' base. Only Sean, from their group was left. Aiden smiled and nodded at Sean for making a good choice. The people left were Silver, Sapphire, Aiden, Chloe, and Sean, and the other many inklings that teamed up for defense.

Silver sighed. "Everyone, gather any other inklings that are healthier from the lobby. We need as much force as we can." Ten inklings nodded and went back to the lobby to retrieve more people.

"Ready up and let's go," he said sternly as he led his friends and many other inklings outside the plaza gate.

Chloe whispered to Sapphire. "He seems pretty tough when bad things are going on."