Choosing a new dragon warrior

Po was walking the stairs up the jade palace but he was exhausted.

"Do you remember the first time you climbed these steps to the Jade Palace?"

"How could I forget? I thought I'd never make it to the top"

"Yes, but you persevered And once again, destiny calls for you to take the next step on your journey"

"The next step? What are you talkin' about? I've already taken all the steps. Haven't I?"

"It is time for you to choose your successor"

"Successor for what?"

"A successor to be the next Dragon Warrior"

"Oh... Yeah, I get it. Funny, 'cause I'm the Dragon Warrior" but he could see on shifu's face he was serious.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait, wait. You mean, I'm not gonna be the Dragon Warrior anymore?"

"Exactly"

"Then what am I gonna be?"

"Once a successor is chosen, you will advance to the highest level in all of kung fu. Spiritual Leader of the Valley of Peace"

"Whoa. I don't know what that means"

"It's just like Master Oogway before you. You will oversee the Valley, passing along wisdom and inspiring hope"

"Look, I appreciate the promotion. I think I'm just gonna stick with the whole "Dragon Warrior" thing"

"Dragon Warrior thing"? What is it you're holding?"

"A cookie?"

"Other hand"

"The Staff of Wisdom"

"It was given to you by Master Oogway. Do you really think it was so you could open a restaurant? Or pose for pictures?"

"He wasn't super specific"

"Oogway entrusted you with that staff so you could follow in his footsteps and become something better than you already are"

"You take it" po tried to give back the staff.

"No. Oogway did not give it to me. Being the next Oogway is not my destiny, which I have accepted and am at peace with. Really. It's fine"

"You don't sound fine"

"You don't sound fine! I'm very fine!"

"Okay, you're fine"

"This is an honor. Oogway chose you as his successor, and now you must choose yours"

"Master Shifu, I finally found somethin' I'm good at,
and now you wanna just take it away from me?"

"No one is taking anything away, Po. Who you are will always be a part of what you become"

"Yeah, but where's the "skadoosh"? You know what I mean? The "shasha-booie"? I don't wanna seem ungrateful, but I don't know anything about passing on wisdom or inspiring hope All I know are two things.
Kickin' butt and taking names. And if I'm being completely honest, I'm not even that good at the name-taking. Like, who was that fire-breathing crocodile? I wanna say Steve..."

"You were chosen to bring peace to the Valley, and there are other ways to bring peace than simply kicking butt"

"Well, sure. But not any fun ones. Please. Being the Dragon Warrior is all I know. It's who I am"

"Not anymore. The Valley of Peace needs a Spiritual Leader, and Master Oogway chose you. You'll start interviewing candidates first thing tomorrow morning"