Jonah Clarke Is A Shopaholic

Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to cxsmicology for making me the awesome cover that you can see. Like it's bomb ass and good call making Logan Lerman Daniel.

Daniel's not sure what it is but there's something about meeting up with Jonah outside of school.

Sure there was the park but that wasn't exactly planned and except for that Daniel has only really seen Jonah inside of school, even if it feels like he's seen him a hell of a lot more than that.

And so Daniel is nervous as he waits outside the train station for Jonah to arrive. Daniel hates making friends, because no matter how long he's known them Daniel always panics that he's annoying them, or they're talking about him behind his back. And Daniel is more than aware that Jonah can change his mind about this friendship at any point and so Daniel is worried about all the ways that he could make a fool of himself. He could fall and face plant the floor, he could forget how to speak English, or he could accidentally call Jonah mum. Daniel is pretty sure there's nothing more mortifying in the world than making that mistake.

All these thoughts evaporate out of Daniel's brain when he lays eyes on Jonah though. There is something about the way Jonah walks, with a confident swing of his arms and a laidback smile on his face that makes Daniel calm. Perhaps it's the fact that Jonah seems like he never worries, and somehow it makes Daniel aspire to be like that. Daniel makes a mental note that today he's not allowed to worry about anything, even if he ends up doing something that makes him look like the biggest idiot on the planet.

"Hey," Jonah greets.

"I can't believe you made me wake up this early."

"It's ten o'clock in the morning Daniel."

"Exactly," Daniel says, "it's a Saturday."

"Well I'm guessing you'll love my suggestion of stopping for a coffee before we head to the shops then?"

"Please. I need caffeine."

It is not long before the pair are seated at a table in a small cafe they found just off the high street and Daniel peers over the rim of his mug at Jonah who's staring right back at him.

"I swear half the time I've spent with you has been spent drinking coffee."

"Except you don't drink coffee," Daniel reminds him.

"Well remembered," Jonah says sarcastically, "let me retract that whole statement seen as though it was clearly incomprehensible because I used the wrong terminology for my hot beverage."

"You use long words when you're sarky," Daniel comments.

"You're pedantic."

"Are you using all these long words around me because you know your friends won't understand them?" Daniel asks.

"Ooh," Jonah says, "bitchy Daniel is out today."

Daniel is about to reply but he is interrupted by the arrival of the waitress who leans towards Jonah, exposing her cleavage.

"Is everything okay for you?"

Her question is directed towards the pair of them but her gaze does not leave Jonah and Daniel watches as her eyes scan Jonah's body appreciatively. Daniel feels slapping her and then remembers he has no right to do that.

Watching her Daniel takes deep breaths and reminds himself that she'll be leaving any second but then she leans in even closer to Jonah and offers him a sultry smile.

"So what brings you here?" She asks, twirling a strand of her copper coloured hair between her fingers.

Daniel has to admit she's gorgeous and by no means would he blame Jonah if he was attracted to her but to Daniel it's matter of principle. Surely the girl can see that Jonah is already talking to someone and it occurs to Daniel that if he was a girl then the waitress would not be doing this, she'd assume Daniel and Jonah were dating and therefore would count Jonah as off limits. But it doesn't occur to her that Daniel and Jonah might be together - which truthfully they're not, but she doesn't know that - and so Daniel just takes it as another example as the fact that society still doesn't really count homosexual couples as normal.