Jonah Clarke Is Hardworking

Author's Note: So this chapter is dedicated to because she wrote a really nice review of this book which nearly made me cry. As for this chapter, it's a bit all over the place and I'm not sure if I'm entirely happy with it but there are some important parts of development so :/ but yeah, it feels a bit ugh, probably cause I've been ill for the past three days (talk about ugh, not that I'm making excuses - okay I totally am). Anyway I wanna know if you guys ship Janiel as a romance or a bromance? :)

"So I think we need to have a little talk about yesterday," Isaac says as he places his plate down on the table.

"It's not a big deal."

"You went to hospital," Isaac points out, "am I going to have to wait until you're going home in a coffin to class it as a big deal?"

"Stop being dramatic Isaac," Daniel sighs, "and they'd probably take me home in a body bag and then put me in a coffin anyway."

This time it is Isaac that sighs, and he does so loudly. Staring at Daniel with raised eyebrows as if waiting for him to apologise. Daniel just focuses on the food on the plate in front of him.

"Daniel," Isaac says his voice soft, "please can we talk about yesterday."

"I don't want to."

"Daniel please."

"I don't see why you want to know," Daniel snaps, "it's not like it happened to you."

Isaac ignores Daniel's harsh tone and fixes him with a level gaze before speaking in an even tone as if Daniel is a small child having a tantrum.

"I want to know because I care about you," Isaac says simply, "because you're my friend."

Daniel swallows his mouthful and places his fork down.

"Sorry I snapped."

"It's fine. So what did the doctor say?"

Daniel could be pissed about the patronising tone that Isaac is using but Daniel just feels tired and so he figures he might as well just get the conversation over and done with.

"My ribs are bruised, I was lucky it wasn't worse and well, I'm sure you can already see the killer black eye I'm sporting."

Isaac winces as Daniel speaks and is about to reply when another tray is placed down on the table and Jonah joins them.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Daniel's face."

"Oh are we saying how cute it is?" Jonah asks.

Isaac rolls his eyes and makes a gagging noise. Daniel chooses to ignore him and chooses to ignore Jonah too. He focuses his attention in his food once again.

"I can't wait till he gets punished," Jonah says when he realises that Daniel doesn't feel like talking.

It's then that Daniel realises he doesn't know or he imagines that Jonah might be a little bit angrier.

"He already has been."

"What? Why didn't you say?"

"It's not that important."

"What's the verdict then?" Jonah asks.

"He's in isolation for a week and has been ordered to write a letter or apology."

"That's bullshit," Jonah replies, "he nearly broke your ribs Daniel, fuck, how the hell has he not been excluded, or suspended at least?"

"Apparently his dad is a very influential person and tried to pass it off as if he was just joking around," Daniel replies sarcastically.