Chapter Eleven: Nightmares and Dreams

Spot kissed her again and again and
smiled. She was never happier and never more giddy. He kissed her all over her face and traveled down to her neck. That's when everything felt wrong. The world was dark and her handsome prince was now a rattlesnake. His sharp fangs pierced her neck and the venom sharply stung in the wound. She cried out. All was black.

Charlie shot up in bed and cried out. She felt like she couldn't breathe even though she was breathing really hard and really fast. Spot was awake now and hugging her.

"Charlie! Charlie, what's wrong?"

She looked at him and touched his face to make sure he was real. She could hardly speak. "It...it was nothing. Just a bad dream."

"Are you'se ok?"

"I'se fine now."

"Are you'se sure?"

She snuggled up against him and pulled the sheets back over her.

"I'se sure."

He stroked her hair. "I'se think you'se got the prettiest bed head I'se ever seen."

"How many haves you'se seen exactly."

He smirked and shook his head. "Ya know that's just rumors and stuff to make me look like a jerk. I haven't slept wit every goil in the whole damn city."

"Promise?"

He kissed her nose and watched as her eyes twinkled in the moonlight.

"I'se think we'se gettin' better at this trust thing."

"I'se trust you. I'se love you."

He attacked her with kisses then. She lovingly accepted them and pulled him closer to her. She warmly embraced him as he spoiled her with kisses. He didn't hold back, nor did she want him to. She didn't know what it was. This feeling inside her was the most powerful thing she had ever felt. She just wanted him. She wanted his touch, his smile, his lips, and everything else that was "Spot Conlon". She didn't care if he was a king or just a newsie. All she knew was that she never wanted the night to end.

Spot couldn't get enough. He couldn't stop. He had no control. All he knew was that he wanted her to be his forever. He wanted to forever live in this very moment. He loved her more than anything. Even his crown. Even his boys. Even Brooklyn itself. That's saying a lot. He couldn't breathe, but he still kept kissing her again and again all over her face wherever he could. He started kissing her neck, and she abruptly pulled away. She looked frightened, like she'd seen a ghost. It disappeared as quickly as it came. She wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him on top of her. She held his hands on her chest and kissed him gently. He laid his head down on her chest. She rubbed his back and wrapped her legs around his waist. They soon fell asleep, dreaming of each other and making each other theirs, even though they already were.