Chapter 13

Noa's P.O.V

I sat on the tree stump of my land in my wolf form, letting the night wind caress my fur. I thought maybe i could just sit here and watch for any rogues to get my mind of of... Junior. But maybe its best to recall that event from my young age. I hadn't looked back on what happened. Once it was over, it was never brought back up. Not even in my head. I wasn't sure, but soon my world imploded as the memories i had worked so hard to burry, came rushing back into my mind as tears threatened to escape my eyes.

Blood. That was all i could remember from my childhood. Well... at least from the first memory i had. Nothing made sense to me before the age of nine. I don't remember my childhood, just from that one age and up. I wish i could forget the torture of killing my own mate. I wish i could dive from the pain from knowing that i am a killer. Did i mean to kill Junior, no.

It was my wolf.

A very strong powerful alpha wolf that i am not equipped to even attempt to handle. No part of me is. For some odd reason, he is mines. I am weak, he is strong. No matter how hard i fight to control him, i can't. Not matter how many people hate me for not being able to, it changes nothing.

My father was in the backyard; the scent of ribs and chicken being grilled on the barbecue filled my young nose. It smelt delicious. My mouth watered at the scent, and i raced outside, bumping into my father's 6'9 stance.

"I'm sorry father! It just smelt so good out here-"

He cut me off with a laugh. "It's alright son. I'm almost done, so why don't you go help your mother in the kitchen. Dinner will be ready soon, and i want our guests to be greeted with a wonderful meal."

"Okay!" I yelled racing back into the kitchen. Damn, did i want those ribs!

My mothers slightly smaller 5'11 stance came into my view. I peaked around the corner and into the kitchen. Her hair was in a loose bun, with a few strands falling out at the end. She was hard at work on the rice, salad, potatoes and homemade gravy. Her apron was stained a bit, but her blue blouse and khaki work pants were clean. She was beautiful.

She turned around, and smiled at me; the same blue eyes we shared boring into my owns lovingly. "Here , my love," she giggled, handing me four more plates. "Set the table for our guests and their son, Junior. He'll be sitting next to you. When dinner is over, you guys can run along and play while your father and i work on grown up stuff with their parents, okay?"

"Yes mommy," i smiled at her.

"You guys would make good friends," she laughed. Mostly because i had no friends and she desperately wanted me too. No doubt i was a strong nine year old, very aware of the wolf inside me and what i was capable of. Fights were easy for me, as people easily submitted. They knew who i was, they knew what i was capable of, and most of all, they knew i would soon be there alpha. Only seven more years. A long time, yes, but time flies as a wolf.

Once the table was set, and the food was on the table, a scent flooded my nose. It was musky, and sweet. It smelt dominant, and i was drawn towards it. A deep growl, low and almost inaudible, slipped my lips. My father looked at me curiously, but i played it off as a burp. The scent was getting closer and stronger and i could feel my wolf howling as my face flushed red.

The doorbell rang, and i lost it.

My insides turned and made me dizzy. The sent attached and ached my nose, and soon became what i craved. I needed that scent. I don't know how you obtain a scent, other than a perfume bottle, but something told me i could with this one.

My mind screamed something as i held onto the wall in our hallway. It made it spin and spin as if i was on a Ferris wheel.

Mate!

My eyes snapped open as i ran to the end of the hall, flinging myself at the mahogany table that seated under the mirror. My eyes.

The were a pulsing yellow.

I was sweating bullets in my small tuxedo. I ripped off the tie and clawed at my shirt. I had claws. I was shifting!

It wasn't supposed to happen until i was at least a teenager, but it was happening now! I growled loudly, and i could hear several footsteps heading towards me. The scent. It was running towards me. I whipped around and growled at my mother and father. And the guests. I screamed as my back snapped out of place and my mother rushed the guests out of the hallway. But one of them wouldn't move. The son.

I felt something grow at the tail end of my back as i fell to the floor with another sharp scream. I growled and snapped as my canines grew. I knew i was fully shifted my then. I knew i was  in my full wolf form.

The son, Junior, shifted and growled back at me. Apparently i'm mated to a thirteen year old. great, he's older.

And he's going to die, said a voice in my head.

I was confused and didn't speak back. My father shared a look with the wolf in front of me and i figured they were sharing a conversation in there heads. I couldn't tell because seconds later, i felt myself slipping away.

I awoke in the woods, whimpering. I didn't know why. My mouth tasted of a sharp metallic taste, and smelled of blood.

blood!

My body was pooled in it. I was drenched in blood and so was the human next to me. Had i killed him? Had i killed that human? As i slowly reached the body and turned it over, my hand slapped over my mouth, and i realized i hadn't killed a human. I had killed Junior, a wolf. My mate.

I screamed, cried, and begged for him to wake up. I tore at my body in the loss of my mate and wanted to kill myself for what i had done. But i hadn't done this. My wolf did.

After my parents found me that day, they explained to the pack what happened. Some were understanding and some weren't. At night i would jab my claws into my stomach and tear at my skin till it bled so badly the whole pack could smell it a mile away. My parents had me locked in a cellar for a year after that and i understood why.

I needed to be caged. I was an animal. My wolf was an animal and no part of him was human. He let me deal with the pain for what he had done and left all the guilt on me when i had no part in it. I was just the blinded host...

I growled and pounced the person coming up behind me, but i realized it was just kyle, Jasik, and... Jay. Her head hung low as she dropped to her knees. I wanted to hold her and comfort and and scream until she got it that none of this was her fault and that we could be happy together, But i knew we couldn't. We probably never could.

"Oh yes you can," Kyle smirked. His hair was tousled and he smelled like sex. Apparently i interrupted him, i see.

"Yea yea i smell like sex. Give it an hour or five and i'll also be mated. One of the girls from the pack of wolves that came over from your fathers pack, Jay, was my mate. Maria. Thank you guys for not killing her. Means a hell of a lot. Now Noa you're just gonna feel a little pinch," he said as he shifted. I growled not knowing what was going on, but my wolf was fully aware.

I'm not gonna hurt you, i'm just going to take you to your Mom's house, and we're going to do whatever we can, to get your wolf either out of you, or tamed. You're mating with her weather you like it or not, Alex. We might even call in Greg to help, Kyle said in my head, talking to my wolf in particular.

All Alex did, was growl as i submitted to Kyle agreeing with him. Of course it would only work for a moment before my wolf gained control and sprinted out of here or killed them all.

But, luckily they shot me with a tranquilizer. Well, five of them. It takes a lot to keep an alpha down, and i'm glad my pack had my back.

Even after everything I've done..