Chapter 8

Damn it! I shouldn't have left her like that! Why the hell would i do that!

Because she begged you to and forced you, you retard! My wolf remarked. He was right; she had forced me to leave and i knew those scratches wouldn't of compared to what my father would do to her. Not after she left. She wasn't even gone for a week but i knew my father wouldn't let her actions go un-noticed.

My mind flooded with horrible thoughts of what my father would do and i couldn't help but cry. I needed to go back and help her but if i did i would be killed on the spot. My father wants to torment my sister but would gladly kill me!

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, i swerved around the monde packs land, and made my way toward the next; the Full Moon pack. Jesus where the hell is that pack, i could've sworn-

And who might you be!? A voice roared through my head. The voice was smooth and sexy ringing through my head as if it was the last words he would say to me. The wolf was a deep midnight black with the deepest blue eyes i had ever seen. God, he was like my celebrity crush Ian Somerhalder! He stared at me and i whimpered, bowing my head and hiding it between my paws as i crouched on the ground. I couldn't face it; rejection.

Is your name Jasik? I asked on the verge of tears. I wanted to at least get another word out of him before i was chased away or rejected. I also didn't want what Jay did to be for nothing; sending me here to my mate. Then i remembered the alpha of this pack was my sister's mate. God damn it i wanted to kill that man!

Yes, I'm Jasik; one of the twenty betas of this pack. Don't worry, he cooed nudging my side which sent sparks flying across my body. I purred and so did he at the sound of mines. I will not reject you as my mate. Not as my alpha has done to your sister who sent you here, he said obviously reading my mind. I sighed happily and began explaining how my sister knew he was my mate.

He laughed. She sounds interesting and i would've loved to meet her. Thank you for telling me a little about her; she was to be our luna and she had been through a hard life so i herd. She explained part of it to our alpha and i get the feeling that it didn't even begin to explain her past, or now, her present. He cried a little obviously sad for the Luna he was desperate to have.

He walked me back to the pack explaining to me how lenient the alpha is and what would happen should i abuse the power that is given. My father wouldn't even let his pack mates think out of line before he ripped their heads of for doing so. It was always quiet around the pack house; for his pack consisted of 60 people only. He had no other land and no allies and people never attached him because his land was nothing. Explaining all of this to Jasik just made him angry at my father, yet he understood why i could do nothing about it.

We walked in our wolf form because Jasik thought he wouldn't be able to control himself if we were both naked. I purred thinking of what he said and smiled.

Our pack is one of the five national packs. Obviously we're America's national packs. The other four are Australia, South America, Canada, and Europe. As big as Europe is, it is one of the smaller national packs. We are second largest as Canada towers us by fifty pack members and seven houses. It is my job as head beta to keep track of these things. Our smallest pack is in New York and our largest is here in Virginia. The alpha must stay in the largest packs land to maintain control. That is why there are twenty betas for twenty states. Each beta must join together with their mate to control that land easily. Since i am head beta, i stay with the alpha, and you will take control by my side, should you wish to do so. Now Noas father Greg stays in Hawaii which makes twenty-one states that our alpha owns. He stays there since it would be tough reaching Hawaii by anything other than a plane. Each beta reports to the alpha absolutely anything new and important by the end of the day. That's all you need to know for now.

I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared him down, contemplating on why he would just... trust me like that. I mean did he even know if i could be trusted?

Of course you can be trusted, he laughed. I just stared at him thinking what the hell gave him the idea i could be trusted. I mean i knew i could be trusted but... how could he be sure.

He groaned and i moaned. He laughed again. Jay isn't the only one with a gift. We both have gifts like her; i can see it. I can see one in you.

I'm confused my love. You're really creeping me out and what do you mean i have a gift? I whimpered. I didn't want to be special! I had enough of hiding me being gay from my father so he wouldn't kill me.

No time like the present right, He teased himself. Okay, close your eyes and picture Jay. A memory, an image, a place, time; anything as long as she's all you're thinking about, he continued. He was my mate and i knew in my heart to trust him, so i did.

I pictured her long, waist length, snow white hair flowing through the wind and her bright, soul reaching, silver eyes peering through mines. Her cute little dimples tucked beneath her cheekbones and those bright pink lips curved into a genuine smile. I almost cried loving the beauty that radiated through me.

Okay, now look deeper; as deep as you can and find her. Pretend you're moving at the speed of light and find her, Matt. My love cooed.

I did as he said and her beauty turned to pain. Scars appeared all over her body and the trees that surrounded her wilted to nothingness. Her image completely disappeared and soon, my eyes were whipping passed tree after tree after tree. It looked to be the path i was taking to get here but the images were moving so fast that i couldn't tell. My eyes roamed to my father's pack house and up to Jay's previous room. I blinked inside my head and was soon staring at my sister; knocked out and naked on her bed. Her wounds from her stunt a few hours ago were slowly healing, and no one in sight to help her.

I pulled myself out as fast as i could, not wanting to see anymore. I was panting on the ground and soon found myself shifting.

"It's okay my love. If my alpha won't save her, we will. I promise you, and in all my life, i have never broken a promise!" He assured me holding me from behind. We sat in silence for a few moments until he tilted my head back so i was finally looking; no, staring at his human form. Damn those cute ass freckles and those adoring blue eyes and that midnight black hair i couldn't wait to fist into my hands and thrust so far into him, he'd see stars. Oh my god and that sexy voice of his! I couldn't wait to hear him scream my-

"You're killing me Matt!" He moaned as i noticed his eyes darken with lust. I could feel my blood rise to my cheeks and i muttered "sorry."

We both shifted, and headed back to his pack house. I couldn't wait to be a part of this pack, adopt beautiful children with my mate, and rescue Jay with him.

So what's your gift? I asked wanting to rid of the awkward silence.

I can sense other people's gifts which for some reason comes with looking into their past. I don't know who the fuck decided to make wolves even weirder, but bless their soul, He laughed.