Chapter 4

Once Em led me to the bathroom, and told me how to work everything, i was... happy. For once in my life, i was happy. Not the fake kind of happy that you fool yourself into thinking. Not the forced smile to make you feel better about yourself. Just happy. Something i never thought I'd be able to feel... or to be.

Em stayed in the bathroom with me, explaining to me how she used to do this all the time with her mother, and how i needed to stop thanking her for this because there was more to come. She helped me reach for things that i couldn't, and when i was done, wrapped a towel around me and let me hold onto her shoulder as i dried myself.

That time, when i touched her, my hand sparked. It was almost how it had when i touched Noa, but not exactly.

Her heartbeat raced and i was afraid that she was going to pass out. I could tell her back was against the door, afraid of what would come next. Her breath hitched as she spat the words out her mouth, afraid that she would be in trouble.

"What no this can't be happening... Oh i'm in so much trouble aren't I... I'm gonna die!" She screamed. I rushed over to her, sensing where she was and held her to me. I was on my knees and she was crying. Oh! I didn't mean to make her cry!

"Please, don't be sad. I'm not your mate! I just... have a certain gift." I explained as she relaxed and slowly stood. I heard the light bang of her head on the door that told me she was leaning against it for support.

I took her slow steady breathing as cue to explain.

"When i was eight, i became a very distant child. When one of the guards who's name i cannot recall touched me to 'discipline' me, a shock ran through my body and he started to yell at me. He said things like 'there's no way in hell I'm mating with you' and i just cried. I knew he wasn't my mate, but i did know who was. The next day when he came in my room to yell at me more, i took a brave step and told him before he could speak but just a little after he closed the door.

'I am not your mate, of that i am positive, but i do know who is. I believed her name is Izzy or Isadora. I swear to you that i speak the truth and i would put my life on the line to back it up.' He came back to my room the next day, and told me that i was right. He hugged me and told me he would stop as many people as he could from hurting me. It wasn't much help because they exiled him for trying to help me. I knew he didn't care because he would get to be with Izzy who was not a part of that pack.

So there you have it. I have the ability to determine who is a wolfs mate but only when the goddess herself deems it fit.-"

"Oh my god i am so sorry Jay! I didn't mean it! Please don't be mad at me Luna!?" She pleaded. I shook my head and smiled a little.

"I am not your Luna yet, but i am glad that you would accept me to be your Luna. Thank you Em.-"

"No problem! Now, can you tell me who he is; my mate?" She asked excited and nervous. I simply nodded and leaned against the door as she sat on the counter of the sink.

"Breek? Do you know a man named Breek? That is your mate." I explained. I heard her heart picking up its pace and the excitement that flooded the room was hard to miss.

"Okay, I'm trying to breathe. Now, Breek is my lab partner so I'm sure he knows but i don't think so because I've never touched him. Not even by accident. I'll get you dressed and you can explain to him what you know okay, Pleas Luna?" She pleaded trying to stay calm.

"Okay." I said as she slipped pants and a shirt on me and some sandals. The sandals were actually flats that were so comfortable it should be illegal. The shirt felt like cotton and the pants were definitely jeans. I know that "jeans" feeling anywhere. She brushed my wet waist length hair, and slid two pins on either side of my head to keep my hair out of my face.

Once she deemed me "decent," she put both hands behind her back and grabbed mines. She walked at a steady pace to let me get used to the house. Going down the stairs was the hardest part, but since i have had allot of practice running and hiding, I'm good with cornering and stairs. She helped me off the last step and continued walking forward until she saw who she was looking for. She quickly turned right into the living room and i thought i was mistaken.

It seemed pretty big... I can sense objects and people if they're around me. Body heat, the feel of another object next to me ext.

"Breek? Got a sec?"

"Yea Em," They screamed across the room. Their echoes bounced off the walls, basically telling me were everything was depending on the objects that were around us.

Em sat down, and i felt the body heat and aura of the supposed "Breek."

"I hope you're right about this, Jay. But anyways, Jay-Breek, Breek-Jay."

"Pleasure to meet you," He said as he shook my hand. A shock surged through me and i was sure.

"Touch him, Em. I'm positive he's yours," I said. He on the other hand was confused as hell, but shut up when Em slammed her lips into his. I was just glad that i couldn't see at that moment... but i could definitely hear perfectly. Yuck! I could hear the saliva just... ew! Never mind.

He kept asking questions and i only answered two. "Who are you," and "How did you know we were mates?" I explained everything knowing that Noa was behind me the entire time.

"Did you get all that Noa?" I asked and he hummed.

"I'm still surprised they didn't know. You guys really haven't touched each other and you're LAB partners?" He laughed.

"No alpha. I respected her wishes. She is a shy one." Breek explained and Em purred.

"Well we will respect your privacy. Jay?" He drawled trying to get me to go with him. I nodded and patted Breek on the back and rubbed circles with my palm on Ems back; all sparks gone. I smiled and headed towards Noa with a clear path to walk.

"I already know where this is going and no, it's not something i can control or something that happens on command. Whoever and whenever doesn't depend on me-"

"Understood," He said wrapping his arm around my shoulder as i wrapped mines around his waist.

"Hey you know how my hearing is better than yours?"

"Don't be a show of-" I wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered in his ear to not worry his pack. "Silently order everyone inside; we're surrounded by rouges. Use the mind link and hurry. They don't suspect a thing! Hurry! Tell them not to rush."

"Are you sure-" He asked but after he said that, i heard guns being cocked. They were far, and some were close masking their scent. I heard everyone acting normal and heading inside. Then i panicked.

"No!" I shouted as about 20 guns pointed and shot at Noa. I instantly stood in the way taking every shot. No way was i going to let him die.

"52... rouges." I whispered trying to breathe, but blacked out...