Chapter 5

I awoke to find myself looking around frantically even though i will be able to see nothing. Force of a habit i never adapted i guess.

I was completely healed and in no pain. Usually when i was shot, it hurt for at least two days... wait how long have i been out?-

"People have shot you before!" Noa shouted in a growl.

I shot up from the bed i was in again, but this time, gasping and trying but failing to see where i was. A hand landed on my shoulder and pulled me. I was soon in Noas arms, taking in his warm vanilla scent. Questions that were plowing through my mind, soon dissipated into thin air. I felt so many emotions but not just emanating from myself. From Noa too.

"You're sad, angry, protective, thankful and... lost?" I asked him. I knew what happened and how much i hurt him but i knew i needed to do it. I had to save him. I couldn't allow him to feel the pain that i once felt even if it was not caused by the same people. My memories could kill him if he tries to overrun my mind. I had time to cope with that packs ways as a child, but he has never had so much to deal with -i hope. A full on blow of all those memories could very well kill him... and i won't allow physical or mental pain to be induced on my mate!

"You're so protective of me Jay. Why? Yes i am your mate for always, but why do you want to protect someone you don't even know and have only met just yesterday?-"

"Please don't cry, love. Not again! I hate, hate to... feel your pain." I said. I was going to say 'see your pain' but that is quite impossible... oh good I've only been out for a day. Personal record!

"What where you thinking about when you thought that you had been shot before?" He asked referring to my bipolar mind-speeches.

"I don't want to tell you about it. It'll do nothing but cause us both pain and i can't live with any more. And to answer your previous question, i don't know. I am protective of everyone i know needs it. I didn't want you getting shot and i knew i could handle it due to my... past infliction's and run-ins with guns. I will explain everything once Em comes. Or i can explain it to you and then her; i'll do that," I agreed when i knew he needed to know. "You'll know my past and hopefully I'll know yours. Okay?"

A few moments of silence went by then he agreed, "Deal."

Noas P.O.V:

She was a beauty. Lying there, on my bed, with me healing her. I loved healing her, but i hated the fact that i had to. She was risking her life to save me; she was making sure i wouldn't get hurt. It's my fault!

I couldn't help the tears that slipped from my crystal blue eyes. I caressed her face and couldn't help the waterfall that spilled out my eyes. I trailed kisses down her bare chest and body hoping that she would heal quickly.

My tears spilled on her smooth stomach and into the shot wounds, healing them quickly. How?

That's impossible! I screamed in my head as her breathing picked up and her heartbeat quickened. She should've healed completely in two days not two hours!

"Jay, my love, wake up. Come on, wake up. Please..." I begged her praying to whatever god is above that she would wake up!

When her heart beat quickened to a scary rate, she shot up from the bed, panting as if she had just ran a marathon. My heartbeat did the same and was soon beating in the same tune as hers. Her silver eyes frantically looked around; constantly skimming over my body even though i knew she could see nothing. Her waist length snow white hair brushed her back smoothly, and then she lied back down.

I picked up on her thoughts, and lost it; scarring her witch was not my intention at all.

"People have shot you before!" I yelled....