Chapter 14

Jay's P.O.V

Noa's body was to be dragged into the cellar of his Mom's house, so i was told. For some reason, Noa's father Greg, and his mother, Sam, don't live together. Greg's in Hawaii, and Samantha is here whenever Noa needs her.

They assured me he would be safe, just behind bars in case his wolf went on a hell-bent spree of murder. Someone offered to carry me, as it was a long walk, but i smiled, said i was fine, and walked the whole way without a complaint. What felt like a mile to me, was actually ten. Not much, but easy to walk. About ten more people joined us for precautionary measures. Some of them had to shift, being younger and weaker and the walk being to long. Halfway there, we were almost attached by his parents border patrol members, but once they smelled us, they realized we were with them. Half of them helped us on our way there.

So, in total that made, Kyle, me, Noa, ten others from our- Noa's pack, and five from his mothers part of the pack in Virginia. Not like, her own separate part, but another house just to help Noa control the west part of town while he lives on the east. Jasik, of course being beta, had to stay back to let everyone know what was going to happen, and to keep them calm.

"Why didn't we just take a car," i asked Kyle, who was letting me hold onto his arm whilst guiding me to our destination.

"Well, we could easily find our way if we walked. Plus, we enjoy walking. As for the younger of us, not so much," he laughed. "Now, our pack houses are in the forest for a reason, yes? Easier for the elders of the pack and the closest members of the alpha to shift. Now, that doesn't mean that we are the only members of the pack because we live in the main house. All over town, their are wolves that belong to our pack. Some stay because they wish to live carefree lives, finding their mates and traveling and what not, others stay to help bring in rouges. Some we kill, some we let go, some we let join." He finished, as he helped me climb over a broken toppled over tree.

"I never knew any of that. My dad had one house that everyone squeezed into, and whatever was around it he claimed to be his. I'm just glad that's over." Then something spiked my curiosity about Noa's parents.

"Wait, why are Noa's parents not living together? Doesn't being so far away from each other hurt them?" i asked.

Kyle sighed. "It really isn't a long story, but it'll feel like one. Just because someone is your mate, doesn't necessarily mean that you don't fight, or break up. They're just like any normal couple, just emotions and drive run higher. I mean it isn't that common, but no ones perfect. They fought a lot after... what happened with... Junior. They stayed together for Noa, but when he became the new Alpha, they split. Greg knew rouges in Hawaii who wanted to be apart of a pack so he left for there. His mom stayed here and took over the main house. That's when Noa started becoming more dependent on himself instead of others. I've been with him since the day he flipped shit on Junior. I was one of the people who felt sorry for him and helped him. His wolf and i know each other on a personal level and so does my wolf.

"I know i'm saying more than You've asked me, and, i'm sorry. It's just... i'm happy that you're going to be our new Luna. You seem extremely nice." I could almost hear the smile forming on his lips. I squeezed his arm for comfort.

"No, it's okay hun. I want to know. Besides Noa might never tell me if i ask. Please, continue," i smiled.

"Anyways, we became good friends, and i became his left and right hand man. Not his beta though, or any of them. He didn't want my life to be at such a risk and he didn't want me far away from him. He's like the brother i never had. Plus even if i wanted to be beta, i couldn't. Jasik was pre-chosen, and a great choice it was. I'm not one for being in charge that's for sure," he laughed. I giggled, because i love giggling.