Tour & Imagination [24]

L O U I S

I laid in bed sleepless, sleep just wasn't coming to me. Tomorrow the tour starts... I rolled over in annoyance. I'm supposed to be sleeping but instead I was laying in bed despretly trying to think of way's to sleep. My thoughts were interupted by my bedroom slowly opening. Ah shit..

"Daddy." Tellie mutter as I watched her slowly walking towards my bed.

"Go back to bed Tellie." I groaned.

"But there's monsters in there." She whined. I groaned again. She's gonna make me get up isn't she?

"There's no monsters." I replied flalty.

"There is! I'll show you!"

She ran over to the bed and tugged at my hand, she hadn't complained of nightmares or monsters or anything like that in months... I pushed my blankets off and slowly got out of the bed Tellie watching intently. Ugh! I held her hand as she lead me out of my room, she clutched onto my hand as I walked into her room and flicked the light on.

"No monsters." I said motioning around the room.

"They were outside my window." She whined. Dammit...

I looked to the window. As expected, nothing but the night sky.

"How about you sleep in my bed tonight." I muttered looking back down to her. I actually wanted sleep tonight, and if I made her stay in here I was never gonna get it.

"Okay."

She skipped out of the room happily, naturally! Tell her she can sleep anywhere else and she's all happy. I glowered at the window before flicking the light off and walking into my room, Tellie was  already snuggling into my blankets. I shut the door and smiled. She looked hardly like Phoebe, she was pretty much all me, well besides her blonde hair, but you could tell her hair was darkening. I walked over to the bed and laid down next to her.

"Daddy...?" She whispered.

"Yeah sweetie?"

"Can I watch Cinderella?"

I groaned quietly. I am sick of that damn movie! Every single day she's always watching it. I think she likes it more than she likes me...

"Just sleep." I muttered closing my eyes.

"But I'm scared the monsters will come back." She whimpered moving closer to me.

"There's no monsters."

"There is I saw them and so did Melody."

"Who's Melody?" I asked opening my eyes to see her sitting crossed legged on a pillow.

"She's the pretty lady with red hair. She watches me while I sleep and she plays with me. She's standing by the door."

She pointed her finger towards the door. I looked over and saw nothing but the door... Ugh kids.

"No one's there." I said rolling my eyes.

"But she is there daddy."

"Tellie can you just go the sleep?"

"I wanna watch Cinderella."

I go on tour tomorrow! Tomorrow! And I'm gonna be kept up all night... That'll go down well!

"No." I said firmly.

"Why not?"

"Just go to sleep."

"I'm not tired." She whined as I closed my eyes.

"You can go back into your room." I sassed getting annoyed. I swear to god this kid enjoys annoying the crap out of me...

"But the monsters-"

"I will bring the monsters in here if you don't sleep!"

"Mummy wasn't this mean..." I herd her mutter before lying down.

I felt bad for raising my voice at her but I'm not an idiot. You don't give your kid everything they want, especially when they're meant to be sleeping...Tellie moved her closer to me, her head resting in my chest.

"Daddy...?"

"Yeah?"

It still sounds weird to hear her call me that. I was only twenty one...

"I love you."

"I love you too baby, now leet daddy sleep."

It felt like days had passed the ticking if the clock was frustrating me. A three year old got to sleep quicker than me. I still couldn't get to sleep. I should just give up... I opened my eyes and slowly started getting out of bed. I looked at the clock. Shit it's five thirty! I've been up all night! Great... I pushed the blankets off from me and rose from the bed. I looked at Tellie, she'll be okay. I grabbed my clothes and headed into the bathroom to get ready.

When I walked out of the bathroom by now it was six am... I looked towards my bed. The small figure was no longer there. Now were is she. I walked out of my room checking the hallway and her room but there was no sign of her at all.

"Tellie!" I called. God that kid could be anywhere... I walked down stairs, rolling my eyes as Tellie skipped out from the lounge room.

"Apparently you got your mothers fashion taste..." I muttered.

"It's pretty." She said. "Melody helped me pick it out."

"There's no Melody."

"Yeah she's playing jump rope with me right now."

"Tellie this Melody person isn't real. It's just your imagination."

"You don't believe me...?" She had a frown on her face as sad as she looked it was freaking adorable!

"Love nobody's here." I told her firmly. She looked towards the lounge and started whispering stuff I walked out of the room and into the kitchen. In half and hour we're gonna be going to Ireland to start our tour. (A/N I KNOW IT'S NOT FACTUAL!)

"...Why can't daddy see you?"

 I walked back into the lounge and gazed at Tellie anxiously. She was literally having a conversation... But with what? There was nothing about stuff like this and those parenting books I read...

"I can see you though." She continued. "Don't go. Can you stay with me?"

I bit my lip. Do kids normally talk to themselves? I'll have to ask Liam he seems to be an expert at everything...