chapter 48: former student

After Asta had used his new special move against Fana and the fire spirit Salamander, it looked like the members from the black bulls had won. Back deep in the witches forest the queen herself watched the events happen from one of the two big glowing orbs in the room.

"That imperfect boy was able to win, it looks like he wasn't all talk after all," she said watching as the black bulls cheered, before looking towards the other large orb that displayed an image of the diamond kingdom forces, "As for them," she said as the image moved revealing Fanzell was flying on his broom in front of them as wind surrounded the front of his broom.

"Oh so what do we have here, you know theres something about him that seems familiar," Ladros said looking excited.

"Mars, you remember me right?" Fanzell asked looking at the spikey haired mage who didn't respond, but instead stared at the wind mage with a calm look on his face when Ladros spoke up.

"Oh wait I remember you now you are old teacher now aren't you," he said still smiling, "This just got a whole lot more interesting," he said spreading his arms wide and a blue laser shot at Fanzell.

Fanzell took out his wind sword blocking the the laser but it still made him shake from where he stood on his broom, "Oh you still got some skills don't you teach," said Ladros while Mars continued to watch, the expression on his face not changing.

"I'm going to ask this only once, will you please leave this place?" He asked looking serious as he held his sword by his side.

"Sorry no can do, you see our king isn't feeling the best these days," said Ladros, "So we heard the queen of witches has been alive for a long time and so we members of the eight shining generals were sent here to capture her so we can find out how she does it," he said while gesturing to himself and Mars making Fanzell look surprised.

"I knew their power increased since the last time I saw them, but to think they had come that far," he thought while holding his sword back ready to fight as he remembered when he taught both Ladros and Mars back when they were younger, "This is the only way I can make up for what Ive done,".

In another part of the forest Mariella was still leading a group of witches, while in another part Domina was modifying the small security golems, after finishing working on the parts for one of them, the back of it closed up, "Alright its all set now," she said smiling.

Fanzell then flew his broom towards Mars and Ladros, "Oh look here he comes now," Ladros said, but look surprised when his old teacher flew above him and started attacking the other mages.

"Wind creation magic, emperor of slashing wind, wind shot," he said pointing his sword forward as a small wind swords shot out out of the wind blade. The small wind swords hit their targets making the mages fall of their brooms.

"Just who is this guy?" Asked one of them before Fanzell struck him down.

"Wait I recognize him, hes the traitor Fanzell Kruger, he was a General in the army and a combat instructor," one mage said recognizing Fanzells face, "Hes also got a large bounty on his head, so lets take him down," he said before Fanzel took him down as well.

As Fanzell flew through the air he noticed Mars and Ladros hadn't moved from the spot at the head of their forces, "With all their power it wouldn't be easy for them to hit me without hitting their own guys," he thought before going back to fighting.

"Theres only one of them so just enter formation six and we can take them down," a red haired mage said. But as the mages around him readied their spells to fire they were all hit by spells from below them, "What the," said looking down only to see Mariella along with the witches she had been leading through the forest.