chapter 95: Valkyrie armor

Long ago before the battle with the eye of the midnight sun and the day Asta and Noelle joined the black bulls. The royal house Silva had gone through a loss when Acier Silva passed away after Noelle was born. Later on as Noelle grew older her other siblings were rude to her. At meal times when Solid was rude to her.

Noelle had gone to eat when her plate was suddenly flung away, "What did I tell you about eating before I did," he said while Noelle looked sad.

But one day Solid went too far when he ruined her stuffed rabbit. "Please brother give it back," she said with tears in her eyes.

"If you want it back then do something about it, or if you can control your magic to do anything," he said smiling while Noelle cried. "Well its ruined now so I don't see the point," Solid said looking bored before tossing the torn stuffed rabbit away.

Noelle quickly picked it up and ran as fast as she could out of the castle. "It's not fair, Im trying my best but I keep messing up," she thought closing her eyes. Remembering how she kept messing up trying to fire just one spell.

"And Nozel wont even to listen to what I have to say," she thought before running further away. Eventually she found herself far away in a forest and its there she would meet the person who would help her get better.

A boy suddenly showed up and she almost attacked him. After introducing himself as Asta she told him her name as well. "Noelle, that's a nice name," he had told her smiling. He didn't judge her for how her magic worked but instead she could be powerful if she just practiced.

Later on Nozel had found her and brought her home. "You are not take off like that again, understood," he said.

"Yes Nozel," Noelle said holding the repaired stuffed rabbit close.

"Well look who made it back," Solid said before looking confused at the repairs done to the stuffed rabbit. "How did you get that fixed," he said looking annoyed.

"That's enough Solid," Nozel said looking serious, "Noelle you will go to your room now," he said.

Noelle just nodded her head before walking to her room and holding her stuffed rabbit close. When she walked in she looked surprised to see that her mirror had been broken.

"I know it must be tough to look at your face," Nebra said smiling, "Your lucky to have a kind sister like me," she said before leaving the room.

Noelle looked sad but then looked at the stuffed rabbit that Asta had fixed for her, "No I must stay strong and practice," she thought.

Over the next few years Noelle continued to practice her magic while making trips to town hoping to see Asta, but she never did. But then on the day before the magic knights entrance exam Noelle was looking at the painting of her mother when her older siblings walked into the room.

"You know I heard shes still practicing outside with a target but she ends up missing most of the time," Solid said smiling.

"You know I see her sometimes coming drenched, so at least shes good for something," Nebra said smiling.

"Yeah failing," Solid said as the two of them laughed while Nozel who was standing between them looked calm.

Noelle looked at them with a sad look on her face before looking back at the painting. When Nozel was just about to leave he suddenly stopped walking, "Noelle the magic knights squad you will be assigned to has been chosen," he said making her look surprised.

"Wait what?" She asked.

"The black bulls," Nozel said.

"The black bulls, but don't they only focus on hunting boars out in the sticks," Nebra said.