Chapter 3 - Hadley

"He's kinda good looking I guess," I explained to Mel as I straightened my hair. "But he's annoying as hell. I mean, I swear he said two words to me, hit on me like crazy, and then introduced himself. And after I turned him down, he still seemed to think my ass was his property. He had like an obsession with hitting it; with a towel, his hand, anything!"

"Well, if you haven't already figured it out, he totally wants in your pants," she said slipping into her dress. "You are a hot piece of ass, never mind a slut."

"Thanks bitch."

"Anytime babe, anytime."

I pulled on my black strapless dress that stopped about mid-thigh and headed into the bathroom to reapply my makeup. Considering I had Zeek's filthy hands all over me for the past 4 and half hours, I'd taken another shower when I got back to her room, resulting in the removal of all of my makeup from earlier today. I stuck with my usual look but added a thicker line of eyeliner to make my eyes pop before I sprayed myself down with some perfume I found in the cabinet; I was going to a party after all.

When I walked into the living room, I grabbed my phone off the counter and tucked it away in the top of my dress. Mel was doing the same thing which meant she was ready to go.

"You're stopping by the orphanage first, right?" she asked as I stepped into my black stilettos.

"Yeah," I said, grabbing my keys. "I'm hoping to be there around 10, so scope out the place for me and tell everyone I'm on my way."

"Will do, see you soon."

I blew her a kiss as I headed out to my car.

I pulled into the long driveway of the orphanage and parked my car in the garage. Since I would be drinking tonight, I would have to take a cab there anyways. I headed up to the door. There were toy cars and action figures on the porch swing, so I picked them up and brought them inside with me.

"I don't know what time she's coming home, but it doesn't mean you can stay up until she gets here," Monty scolded the boys as I walked un the door.

Max, one of the youngest boys at the orphanage, was the first one to see me. "Hadley's home!" he shouted, which got the attention of the rest of the boys sitting stubbornly on the couch in the main room. There was a loud echo and before I knew it, I had 9 boys hugging my legs.

"Hey guys," I said happily before I noticed Monty's disgruntled expression. "How come Ms. Montgomery looks like she got run over by a bus?"

"We're not listening to her," Kyle, another one of the youngest, admitted innocently.

"Kyle, you're not supposed to tell her that!" Max whisper-yelled.

"So why aren't you listening like the good boys I know you are? I thought I told you guys not to give Ms. Montgomery a hard time tonight."

"But it's Friday! You always sing on Fridays," Ty said as he pulled on the hem of my dress.

I smiled as all of them looked up at me with expectant eyes. I thought about the party tonight, but what harm would a couple extra minutes do? Sure, I had only planned to stop by, say goodnight to them and head out, but I was a sucker for these boys. I couldn't bring myself to say no.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go and get you guys to bed," I said, lifting my hands and gesturing down the hall to the bedroom.

They all cheered and ran towards the room. "Thank you," Monty said as I passed her.

"No problem. I'm going out after, though."

"Are you spending the night at Mel's?"

"Yes."