Chapter 12 - Zeek

I hadn't seen Hadley since the day we had our shift together at the café. I didn't know what had gotten into her that day, but a part of me liked it while the other part hated it. I loved it because she was hot and to an extent, she was mine. Or so I liked to think so. I mean, technically I was dating her. But at the same time, I hated it because to another extent, she wasn't. Sure we'd gone on one date and were going out again tonight, but that didn't mean we were exclusive.

I wanted to talk to her before I went to get her tonight at Mel's, but every time I brought up her name on my phone, my mind played through the events of Friday and I got all hot and bothered again. It was pathetic, I couldn't even text her without getting a hard on just thinking about her. Hell, I was getting a hard on now! I ran my hands down my face in frustration as I contemplated getting up for the 6th cold shower since Friday morning. I tried convincing myself I was doing it since I was going to meet her in under half an hour, but knowing otherwise was beyond embarrassing.

I went across the hall from my room into the bathroom to take my shower. I washed off in warm water and turned it cold in order to calm myself down. When I got out, I wrapped a towel around my waist and out on my Irish Spring deodorant which matched my body wash. I ran my fingers through my wet hair with a bit of gel so it would keep the style through the night and left back to my room. I looked around in my closet and drawers and settled on wearing a pair of dark jeans and a tight fitting white t-shirt.

I sprayed myself down slightly with Old Spice cologne and slipped my wallet into my back pocket. I went down the hall into the living room and met up with Brad. He vouched to stay sober for the night so we would have a ride home from the bar. I climbed into the passenger seat beside him and we drove off to Mel's house to pick up the girls.

We arrived at the house a short time later and it looked like Mel's family was pretty well off. The house was a 2 storey white house with black awnings and a black steel fence surrounding the front yard. As I walked up the path to her front door, I could tell the lawn was kept well-manicured and the garden was full of fresh bushes and flowers.

Brad knocked when we got to the door and Mel answered wearing a silk robe. "Hello handsome," she purred unashamedly checking him out.

"Good evening beautiful," Brad replied with a smirk as he looked her over.

"You guys wanna come in and watch a sports game on TV? We're just finishing getting ready."

We walked in and the interior was almost as impressive and the exterior. Let's just say that the 72 inch TV hanging on the wall, the authentic suede couches and the glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling showed how wealthy the family was. I went and sat down on—well more like sunk into the couch in front of the TV and Brad flicked on a basketball game. The Chicago Bulls, Bad's favourite teams, was playing against the Raptors. I quickly became intrigued since people were saying that the Raptors were doing alright this season.

A few minutes into the second quarter, the score was all tied up and I heard faint clicking of heels on the hardwood floors. Brad reluctantly turned the TV off and focussed his attention on the girls who were clearly standing behind us. He gave a low whistle and stood up in a daze. I checked over my shoulder and felt my jaw physically drop. The girls looked amazing. Both girls had their hair down, but Mel's hair was straight while Hadley's hair was wavy.

Mel was wearing a tight pale pink silk dress that cut off at about mid-thigh. It was strapless and had ruffles all down the front. On her feet, she had on a pair of silver heels with a strap around the ankle. It had a series of 3 rhinestone studded loops from the top strap of the shoes to the bottom strap around the tip of her feet from one side to the other.

"Who is that stone cold fox?" Brad whispered beside me, staring hungrily at Mel. "It's my girlfriend."

He skipped off in glee over to his girlfriend as he called her, and I slid my eyes to the left and caught sight of Hadley. She was wearing a gold, sparkly dress hat cut off a tad higher than Mel's did. It had a dipped neckline that presented just enough to keep a guy guessing. The straps on the dress dropped from her shoulder into a loose loops that ended at about her lower back. She wore a pair of black sparkly heels with a little open toe hole.