Chapter 5 - Zeek

I woke the next morning with a killer hangover and the memory of tons of drinks and girls. I opened my eyes slowly in attempt not to blind myself in the case that the windows were open. To my delight and honest surprise, Brad hadn't decided to torture me by letting sunlight into my room like I had expected him to. I sat up as slowly as I had initially opened my eyes and rubbed my forehead, trying to rid myself of the headache that was coming on full force.

Since when did I ever let myself drink so much? And since when did I sleep in other people's houses? I looked around the room and had no idea where I was. I racked my pounding head for what happened last night that might explain where I was and how I got here. I remembered dancing with a couple girls when I got to the party last night. Then Hadley showed up with her friend, and went dancing with some guy instead of me. I also remembered her killing my ego for a bit before I had another beer and redeemed myself. Then I was able to convince Hadley to dance with me and then I was with her in here.

It was fun nonetheless and I would totally do her again, but she was also the one who was training me at work! How stupid could I actually be? No wonder she left before I woke up, she's probably gone to get my ass fired! Brad would find out, and then my father would somehow find out, and then I'd have to go back to how I was living my life before.

I felt a wave of nausea hit hard and forced myself to calm down before I had to make an emergency trip to the bathroom, wherever it was. All of a sudden, I felt the bed vibrate and I heard my ringtone blaring through my phone. I didn't want to be that guy that woke up the whole house after a monster party, so I scrambled around looking for it.

"Hello?" I answered with a raspy voice when I found it.

"Hi, is this Zeek Johnson?" a voice boomed through the receiving end.

My head roared in protest to the sound and I closed my eyes to help with the pain. "Yes it is, may I ask who I am speaking to?"

"It's Caldric Martin, from the café."

"Oh, hi sir. What can I do for you?"

"I know that you're still in training and all, but we're understaffed for this afternoon's shift at the café. I was hoping that I could pull you in for a couple extra hours to help out. I tried calling Hadley, but she has some commitments and she said that you were pretty good yesterday. If you don't want to come in I understand."

"I would love to sir," I answered as happily as I could. Sure I was hung-over, but I didn't want to look like the guy who never did anyone a favour. Besides, maybe covering the girl's ass would earn me a favour in return. "What time do you need me to come in?"

"How does 5 o'clock sound? Do you think you can make it?" he asked.

I pulled the phone away from my ear to quickly check the time and it read 11:00am. If I left now, I would be able to get home, get some rest and then make it to work on time. "5 o'clock sounds perfect. Thank you," I told Cal.

"No, thank you. I will see you later, Zeek."

"Bye sir." I hung up the phone and fell back onto the pillow again. I sure as hell hoped my hangover was gone by then.

Once I found the strength and will power to get out of bed and leave the house, I sat up and got to looking around for my clothes. Thankfully for me, I was the only one in the room that I had woken up in because I was still naked. Another bonus was that there was a bathroom attached so I was able to go in and have a quick shower. I was in and out of the water in record time. I got dressed and left the house.

I found my car parked down the street from the house and climbed in the drivers seat. I spent half an hour driving around town trying to find my way back to Brad's house. He was the one who drove me to the party last night but he took a cab home, so I had no idea where I was going. I finally pulled up in the driveway and saw that the kitchen and living room lights were on, meaning that Brad was already home.