The Past

I looked in the mirror with a smile as my older brother entered my room. "Hey kid" Bucky said smiling.
"Hey Buck" I said turning to face him. He was wearing a Sargent uniform.
"You wanna help me find Steve so I can tell him?" He asked hugging me.
"Sure Buck. Let's just hope he's not in an alley" I said.
I was exactly right. As me and Bucky walked past an alley I stopped hearing the sound of fighting. I saw Steve and some guy fighting. Bucky started hurting the guy.
"Pick on someone your own size" Bucky said. The guy ran past me and I walked up to Steve and helped him to his feet.
"Sometimes, I think you like getting punched" I said smiling.
"I had him on the ropes" Steve said as Bucky picked up his enlistment form.
"How many times is this?" I asked reading from the enlistment form.
"Did you get your orders?" Steve said to Bucky.
"The one-o-seventh. Sergeant James Barnes. Shipping for England first thing tomorrow" Bucky said as I put my hands in my jacket pockets worried about Bucky leaving.
"I should be going" Steve said..
"Come on, man! It's my last night. Gotta get you cleaned up" Bucky said smiling.
"Why? Where are we going?" Steve asked as the three of us walked down the alley.
"The future" I answered as I hand him the newspaper I was holding, Steve opens it to see the ad for World Exposition.

"Shut it down!" Me and Peggy Carter yelled as Steve screamed inside the chamber that was made by Mr Stark. I didn't trust Stark technology.
"Kill the reactor, Mr. Stark! Turn it off! Kill it! Kill the reactor!" Dr Erskine yelled. Steve was all I had left.
"No! Don't! I can do this!" Steve yelled from inside. Please be okay! Me and Peggy watched as Mr Stark moved away and continued to turn the power higher. I watched as sparks flew.
"MR STARK!" Dr Erskine said as the chamber opened to reveal Steve. But not the Steve I knew. A taller, stronger Steve. I walked down shocked at the super solider programs results. For once Steven Grant Rogers towered over me like a tree. I looked up shocked.
"How do you feel?" I asked.
"Taller" he said making me smile.

I turned my head to see Steve and someone else. When I looked closer I knew exactly who it was. "BUCKY!" I yelled running into my older brothers arms.
"Oh Steph! I knew Steve would take care of you" Bucky said making me smile widely.

I ran into a pair of strong arms as tears streamed down my face. Bucky was dead! He's gone. Steve put his chin on top of my head and rubbed my back soothingly.
"Bucky wouldn't want you to cry" Steve said.
"You're all I have" I said burying my face into his warm chest.

"It's to dangerous Stephanie!" Peggy said as I wrote down my name.
"It's in Steve's honor. I rather be doing this than sitting around all day crying" I said as I took off my army green button up shirt. I wore a black tank top and green shorts. I held Steve's dog tag in the palm of my hand.
"In your honor" I said leaving my room to go start the super solider program.

I was a little bit taller but not a lot maybe like 2 inches. I brushed out my blonde hair as Peggy entered the room. "Steve would be proud of you Stephanie."

I felt the coldness surround me. The cold water surrounded my body. Then darkness consumed me.