Loss

I ran down the hallway and found where engine 3 was. I walked out into the open area and saw Steve close something. "The relays are intact. What's our next move?" Steve asked.
"Even if I clear the rotors, this thing won't re-engage without a jump. I'm gonna have to get in there and push" Tony said.
"Well if that thing gets up to speed you'll get shredded!" Steve said
"Then stay in the control until and reverse polarity long enough to disengage mag-" Tony started saying but me and Steve cut him off.
"SPEAK ENGLISH!" We both said.
See that red lever? It'll slow the rotors down long enough for me to get out. Stand by it, wait for my word" Tony said.
"Need any help?" I asked as Steve looks over at the other side where he was. He sees the red lever and jumps towards it.
On the other side, men enter the port side. Steve looks down, pondering if they are help. Evidently not as they begin shooting at me and him and throwing grenades. Steve jumps to the other railing and down with one of the guys. He begins to take them down, even goes as far as throwing one off. A few more enter, firing. Steve grabs a NOVESKE RIFLEWORKS DIPLOMAT and jumps back up to his position, firing down at them. I use my telekinesis to move a soldier off of the Helicarrier and falling below. Steve continuously shoots at the men. Then I blink at the wrong moment, I lose the upper hand and slide off the railing, but I quickly grabbed onto a loose cable.
"Steve!" I yelled dangling in the sky holding tightly onto the cable. Steve turns and a feeling of fear appears on his face.
"STEPH!" He yelled hurrying over to help me.
"Cap, I need the lever!" Tony asked.
"I need a minute here!" Steve said pulling the cable trying to reach my hand.
"Lever. Now!" Tony yelled again. I finally make it up the loose cable and reach the railing. One of Loki's me opens fire once more. Steve pulls me up and finally PULLS the lever. I turn to see Tony in his suit. His suit was damaged. Loki's men turns his aim to Tony, who tackles him into the wall. Tony rolls over off the man as me and Steve let out a sigh of relief. Then the worst news of all came to us.
"Agent Coulson is down" Nick said.
"Paramedics are on their way" said a SHIELD agent.
"They're here" Nick said, "They called it." I look down at the ground staring at my feet. I couldn't believe it. Coulson was dead. Nothing we could do to save him. I can't let Loki get away with this. We walked back inside and I couldn't help but hug Steve tightly.