Washington DC

"WAKE UP" I yelled hitting Steve in the face with a pillow. He groaned and rolled over, "get up Steve!"
"Go back to bed, Steph" Steve said.
"Noooo. The doctor said I was suppose to exercise!" I said.
"We exercised yesterday" he mumbled into his pillow.
"Don't make me drag you out of this bed" I growled.
"For a teenager you're really mean" he said as I crawled up onto the bed and started bouncing like a child.
"Get up! Get up!" I sang.
"Steph!" He groaned.
"Please!" I said jumping onto Steve making him groan loudly.
"Sometimes I wonder if I should let Stark take you to the Tower" He mumbled.
"Come on Steve!" I said hugging him.
"Stephanie Rose Barns" he said.
"Steven Grant Rogers" I said mocking him.
Moments later after arguing, me and Steve took off at a high speed. He was in front of me, which is normal. A man, not to far ahead of Steve was in front of us. When Steve quickly catches up to him and runs past him.
"On your left" I hear Steve said. This should be fun. I ran past the man with a smile.
"On your right" I said.
The man ,who once again is not to far away but yet me and Steve are already done with our first lap, continues to jog as Steve and me come around again quickly after doing another lap.
"On your left" Steve said.
"Uh-huh, on my left. Got it" The man said as I quickly am coming towards him.
"On your right" I said.
"On my right. Got it" he said and I smiled. Soon the same man is still jogging Steve and me come around again from behind him from another lap.
"Don't say it! Don't you say it!" The man said.
"On your left!" Steve said trying hard not to smile.
"Come on!" The man yelled.
"On your right!" I said.
"I knew you were coming!" He yelled making me laugh the man gets angry and tries to catch up to us but only after a few seconds he's unable to carry and stops to rest. As the man is resting catching his breath sitting by a tree me and Steve walk over to him.
"Need a medic?" I asked making the man laugh.
"I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you two just ran like thirteen miles in thirty minutes" he said.
"I guess we got a late start" Steve said.
"Oh, really? You two should be ashamed of yourselves. You should take another lap" the man said as he hesitates for a moment before saying sarcastically, "Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it."
"What unit are you with?" Steve asked referring to the shirt the man was wearing.
"Fifty-eighth, Para-rescue. But now I'm working down at the VA. Sam Wilson" he said introducing himself. Steve gives Sam a hand to rise.
"Steve Rogers" Steve said.
"Stephanie Barns" I said.
"I kind of put that together. Must have freaked you two out coming home after the whole defrosting thing" Sam asked.
"It takes some getting used to" I said smiling.
"It's good to meet you, Sam" Steve said as Steve and me turns to leave Sam speaks up.
"It's your bed, right?" Sam asked.
"What's that?" Steve asked.
"Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there I sleep on the ground and used rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and It's like..." Sam said but Steve finished for him.
"Lying on a marshmallow. I feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor" Steve said as Sam smiles and nods his head, "How long?"
"Two tours. You must miss the good old days, huh?" Sam said.
"Well, things aren't so bad. Food's a lot better, we used to boil everything. No polio is good. Internet, so helpful. I've been reading that a lot trying to catch up" Steve said.
"Marvin Gaye, 1972, "Trouble Man" soundtrack. Everything you've missed jammed into one album" Sam said.
"I'll put it on the list" Steve said as he gets his small notebook and pen out and notes it down on his list which also includes: I Love Lucy; Moon Landing; Berlin Wall (Up + Down) Steve Jobs (Apple); Disco; Thai Food; Star Wars/Trek (with Star Wars crossed out, indicating that he has seen it); Nirvana (Band); Rocky (Rocky II?)]
Steve gets the text message and I quickly look over his shoulder, "Mission alert. Extraction imminent. Meet at the curb. :)"
"Alright, Sam, duty calls. Thanks for the run. If that's what you wanna call running" Steve said as they shake hands.
"Oh, that's how it is?" Sam asked.
"Oh, that's how it is" Steve said as Sam laughs.
"Okay. Any time you wanna stop by the VA, make me look awesome in front of the girl at the front desk, just let me know" Sam said.
"I'll keep it in mind" Steve said.
"Okay" Sam said just then Natasha pulls up in her car by the curb and rolls down the window.
"Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up two fossils" She asked making me laugh.
"It's hilarious" Steve said as me and him walk over to her car and get in, Sam gives Natasha and her car an appreciative look.
"How you doing?" Sam asked.
"Hey" Natasha said..
"You can't run everywhere" Steve said.
"No, you can't" Sam said as Natasha quickly pulls away and drives off. This should be fun.