Prestent

I woke up my head aching. I had no idea where I was, there were doctors everywhere. I put my hand on my head due to my thumping headache. One of the doctors noticed I was awake and a man in a black coat and an eyepatch walked into the room. "Hello Stephanie" said the man.
"Where am I?" I asked with a harsh glare.
"Glad you're awake" he said smiling.
"Who are you?" I asked as he helped me off the bed and I noticed I was in a hospital gown with my mess of blond hair reaching my back.
"Nick Fury" he said holding out his hand.
"How do you know me?" I asked as I shook his hand gently.
"We found you, with the help of an old friend of yours" he said as a man walked into the room and I turned to face the man. My face went white, Steven Grant Rogers was standing in front of me. I felt tears sting my eyes.
"I-I thought you w-were dead" I said barley above a whisper.
"Steph-" Steve started to say as I flung my arms around his neck hugging him tightly.
"How?" I choked out in between sobs.
"Just like how you survived. The ice" Steve whispered in my ear.

FLASHBACK: Steve's p.o.v
We reach the abandon HYDRA base seeing if there was any sign of life in the building. I rushed down the dimly lit hallway and came across a big steal door. I pushed open the door using most of my strength. I stood there staring at what was in the room trapped in a large block of cold ice.
Stephanie Rose Barns.
"GUYS IN HERE!" I yelled running to the young girl trapped in the ice, she was just sleeping. Clint Barton and a few agents rushed in.
"Who's that?" Clint asked as a few agents began to melt the ice quickly.
"Stephanie Rose Barns, she's a friends 14 year old sister" I answered, I never thought I'd see this little ray of sunshine again. This girl was able to make me smile everyday even while Bucky was dead.
"You know her?" asked a women agent as they started to melt the ice at held her feet.
"Yea she was a friend back in the past before I went under" I said as the finished melting down there and she started to fall. I quickly caught her unconscious body. She's still breathing. I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder.
"Alright let's go" an agent said as we all exited the base with the only life form we could find.

END OF FLASHBACK: Stephanie's p.o.v
I still held onto Steve as tight as I could not wanting to let go. He put his strong arms around my back kissing my head gently. I couldn't stop crying. He was alive! "Steve" I whispered.
"Steph" Steve whispered into my ear.
"I missed you" I said as he lifted me off the ground as if I were weightless.
"I missed you too" he said as he placed me in a wheel chair since my legs hurt a little bit and I was to lazy to walk.
"Steve I leave you in charge of Stephanie, SHIELD isn't the safest place in the world we have our enemies. I'm glad I could do you this favor" Nick Fury said, I think I'll give him a nickname... How about Patchy the Pirate!
"Thank you sir" said Steve as I laid back in the wheel chair as Steve pushed it out the lab door and down the long hallway. A man handed him a bag and he put it in my lap as we made our way to the front doors of the building. There was a car outside and Steve helped me to stand and walk to the car. Once I was in the front seat sitting in the passenger side, Steve put away the wheel chair and put the bag in the back seat.
"Where are we going?" I asked as he started the car.
"My apartment, since I have to take care of you, you have to follow by my rules. Understand?" Steve asked in a serous tone as we drove away.
"I understand. So what happened?" I asked as I looked out the window at the large buildings.
"I survived, I've been asleep for 70 years so have you" Steve said watching the road.
"Where are we?" I asked having no clue where we were.
"Brooklyn, New York" Steve said.
"Wait what?!" I asked confused. Steve let out a chuckle.
"Steph. This is 70 years later after you thought I died. I know I was confused too but I was alone. I didn't know anyone. The only person I know from the past is you" Steve said stopping the car at an apartment building.
"So how old are you then?!" I asked as he got out of the car.
"93" he said with a chuckle at my expression.
"So that would make me in my 70s right" I said as he walked around the car helping me out.
"Exactly" he said grabbing the bag still keeping a grip on my arm, "welcome home." We walked up the stairs and into a apartment. It was nice and neat. Steve helped me to my room that was painted light blue and had a grey and white checkered bed in the middle.
"Thank you Steve" I said as he tossed the bag on the bed.
"You're welcome, I would do anything for family" he said, I considered him as family too.
"You're like the brother I never had, or my second father" I said hugging him tightly.
"I count you as a little sister" Steve said, "now get this gown off and change then meet me in the kitchen for dinner." I nodded my head as Steve left the room closing the door behind him. I walked to the bathroom taking off my gown and hopping in the shower.
Once I was done I changed into a t-shirt that had words on it the read: AC/DC. I had no idea what that meant. I put a pair of shorts on and walked out seeing Steve set the table.
"Hey kid" Steve said as I sat down at in the chair next to his.
"Hey" I said as he put a glass of water down and I drank it quickly. I had been so thirsty.
"Thirsty?" Steve asked with a chuckle.
"Well not drinking in 70 years does make you thirsty" I said as he refilled my cup.
"I understand" Steve said.

Later that night I tossed and turned in my bed. Nightmares, about Bucky's death filled my mind. I sat up right in bed breathing heavily. Sweat trickled down my face. I got out of bed, I was wearing a pair of sweatpants and that AC/DC shirt. I walked down the hall trying to find Steve's room. Steve always knew how to calm me down when I had nightmares. I knocked on his bedroom door hearing the noise of footsteps. Steve opened his door wearing a pair of shorts and no shirt. "Steph why are you up so late?" Steve asked almost sounding like my dad.
"I had a nightmare" I said then I looked up in Steve's blue eyes they looked calm.
"Come here" Steve said as I ran into his open arms hugging him, "you can sleep with me tonight." I nodded, I didn't even realize I was crying. Steve pulled back the covers and laid down and I laid down beside him. I rolled over laying on top of his bare chest trying to get comfortable.
"Remember the first time I had a nightmare?" I asked as Steve pulled the covers up over me.
"Yea. You were 10 years old. Bucky wasn't home that night. I had to calm you down" Steve said as I rested my head on his chest hearing his heart beating.
"I fell asleep on you in this position" I said slowly drifting to sleep as Steve rubbed my back like he did when I was younger.
"Goodnight Steph" Steve said as I closed my eyes.
"Goodnight Steve" I whispered quietly and fell asleep on him.
____________________________________________________________
Next morning we woke up and decided to chill around the house. "Let's play a game" I said.
"Really what?" He asked as I threw away my apple that I finished.
"Hide and Seek, if you win, we watch a movie of your choice. If I win we watch a movie of my choice" I said smiling.
"Deal" Steve said as he covered his eyes and started to count. I ran down the hallway and hid in under the bed in Steve's room. I know he'll never find me. I found a piece of paper and wrote.
Give up ? - Stephanie
I put the note on the bed and waited silently until Steve walked into the room. I heard him laugh, he found the note. "Not giving up yet Steph" I heard him say, "so you're close by?"
I stayed quiet.
"You know people tell me Star Wars is a good movie" he said as I watched as his feet stopped at the foot of the bed.
I stay silent.
"Come out, come out where ever you are" Steve said in a dark voice that sent a chill up my back, "Stephanie Rose Barns."
It always scares me when Steve used my full name and I don't know why.
"BOO!" Steve yelled bending down to see me under the bed, I let out a small scream that made him chuckle.
"Holy crap you scared me!" I said getting out from under the bed.
"I win! Star Wars it is" Steve yelled picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder and ran to the living room.
"Put the movie in" I said slapping his back and he dropped me onto the couch.
Later that night we watched Star Wars and ended up falling asleep. I thought it would be like old times but I was completely wrong.