Please Don't

There has to be some way to trigger Bucky's memory. I had cut my hair short so it would be the way when Bucky last saw me. Also they made some beautiful modifications to my suit. The suit was a navy blue color with dark red on the inner thighs with a white star on my chest. I also wore black combat boots with it. I stood next to Steve on the bridge looking down into the creek below. The sound of water falling down rocks was soothing.
"He's gonna be there, you know?" Sam asked as he walked toward us.
"I know" Steve said as he looked over at me amazed at the new hair cut and the suit. I guess he didn't notice when I joined him on the bridge.
"Look, whoever he used to be, the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop" Sam said.
"I don't know if I could do that" I said, "he's my brother."
"Well, he might not give you a choice. He doesn't know you" Sam said as I started crossing my arms over my chest.
"He will. Gear up, it's time" Steve said as he turns and starts to walk off.
"You gonna wear that?" Sam asked with a smile.
"No. If you're gonna fight a war, you gotta wear a uniform" Steve said.
"You know if this was a movie there would be patriotic music playing" I whispered to Sam making him laugh.
"I'm starting to really like you kid" Sam said.
"I have a large sense of humor" I said with a smile as we both walked back towards the building.

After we stole Steve's suit from the smithsonian and Natasha went into SHIELD disguised as a consular. Now me, Sam, Hill, and Steve are at the Project Insight headquarters.
"I've been parking there for two months" one of the guys said as I listened to them talk.
"But it's his spot" the other one said.
"So where's he been?" The man asked.
"I think Afghanistan" the other said. Who were they talking about.
"Negative, DT-6. The pattern is full" he said into his ear piece and then turn to his colleague, "Well, he could have said something." Suddenly they hear a sharp noise through their earpiece.
"Ow!" One said.
"Must be the dish" the other said, "I'll check it out."
As he goes and opens the door he's faced with Steve, Sam, me and Hill on the other side of the door, Sam and Hill point their guns at him.
"Excuse us" Steve said as the tech holds his hands up and steps aside to let us enter. "Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot the Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not" Steve said then as Steve finishes his speech, Sam speaks up.
"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked with a smile.
"They're initiating launch" Hill said as me, Steve and Sam get outside and make our way to the Helicarriers.
"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked.
"If they're shooting at you, they're bad" Steve said as Sam, in his Falcon suit, flies off as me and Steve heads down, the HYDRA agents starting shooting at us, Sam flies around avoiding getting shot. I ran as fast as I could and used my telekinesis to push several agents through the air.
"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about" Sam said through the ear piece.
"You okay?" Steve asked
"Not dead yet" Sam said.
"Falcon, status?" Maria asked through the ear piece as I send a agent flying through the air. Take that Hydra!
"Engaging" Sam said.
"I'll get Alpha!" I said as Steve is fighting off the HYDRA agents as he tries to get inside the Helicarrier but I'm way ahead of him.
"Eight minutes, Cap, Dream" Maria said.
"Working on it" Steve said.
"STEVE!" I opened my hands and he tossed the chip to me and I ran into the Helicarrier. Steve enters the Helicarrier as I replace its targeting blades with one of the chips Fury had provided them and the two of us run out.
"Alpha locked" I said.
"Falcon, where are you now?" Maria asked.
"I had to take a detour!" Sam said as I look over to see Sam is flying towards one of the Helicarriers.
"Bravo locked" Sam said in a few minutes, I watch as Sam flies out of the carrier.
"Two down, one to go" Hill said as I ran towards the edge of the Helicarrier.
"Charlie Carrier's forty-five degrees off the port bow" Maria said as I stood up, "Six minutes."
"Hey, Sam, We're gonna need a ride" Steve said.
"Roger! Let me know when you're ready" Sam said as Steve and me just manages to jump off the edge as a HYDRA agent shoots a missile at us.
"I just did!" Steve said as Sam flies in just in time to catch Steve and me. Sam dropped us onto the Helicarrier and landed next to us.
"You know, you're a lot heavier than you look" Sam said making me smile.
"We had a big breakfast" Steve said suddenly Bucky appears and pushes Steve off the edge.
"Steve!" Me and Sam say as as Sam goes to fly off and help Steve Bucky grabs one of his wings and throws him back, Sam starts shooting at Bucky and as he goes to fly off Bucky uses his weapon to rip off one of Sam's wings and kicks him off the Helicarrier.
"SAM!" I yelled as I ran over to the edge. Bucky ran over towards me with determination in his eyes. He throws a punch but I quickly ducked and jumped over to the other side so I'm far away from the edge. I ran at full speed hoping to get away. He grabs my arm with his metal arm and twist it making it crack. I screamed in pain as he put his normal arm around my neck and a gun to my head.
"Bucky! Let me go!" I said kicking around. I ended up sending the gun off the edge of the Helicarrier. I looked up at him and smirked, "did you lose your gun?"
"I'm okay, Steph. Are you okay, Dream? Cap? Cap, come in. Are you okay?" Sam asked but I couldn't respond.
"Yeah, I'm here! I'm still on the Helicarrier" Steve said, "Where are you?"
"I'm grounded, the suit's down. Sorry, Cap" Sam said.
"Don't worry, I got it. Steph? Are you okay?" Steve asked but I can't answer, "STEPHANIE?!"
Bucky pushes me inside the Helicarrier and down to the area just as Steve enters. Steve is confronted by Bucky.
"People are gonna die, Buck. I can't let that happen" Steve said. Bucky stares at him coldly as he keeps his finger on the trigger of the new pistol that he pulled from his pocket.
"Please, don't make me do this and let her go" Steve said seeing Bucky won't back down Steve throws his shield at him and they start battling each other, as they fight Steve manages to bring up the targeting blade system, but as Bucky attacks him the chip falls from Steve's hand. I went to go grab the chip but Bucky kicked me in the stomach and took his knife cutting through the suit and onto my arm. I watch as Bucky stabs Steve in the shoulder with his knife and then grabs the fallen chip, but Steve manages to get the knife out, grab Bucky by the throat and hold him down.
"Drop it! Drop it!" Steve said as Bucky continues to hold the chip, Steve breaks both of Bucky's arms and holds on to his throat until he passes out and lets go of the chip, Steve then grabs the chip and rushes off. Steve rushes over to me and helps me stand.
"You alright?" He asked.
"Yeah. I think so" I said as I looked at the wound on my arm.
"You're losing blood" he said.
"I'm fine" I said.
"One minute" Maria said as Steve desperately tries to get back up to the Helicarriers targeting system then Bucky becomes conscious and shoots at Steve, but Steve still manages to climb up. Bucky shoots at me and hits me in the leg.
"Thirty seconds, Cap!" Maria said.
"Stand by" Steve said as he gets the chip out Bucky shoots Steve in the stomach and he falls.
"Steve!" I said as I'm shot in the side and I fell next to Steve.
At that moment when they are about to fire Steve manages to get up and place the chip in the Helicarrier's targeting blade overriding the system and locking it down.
"Charlie locked" Steve said weakly as I hiss in pain as I try to stand but it hurts to much and my vision becomes blurry. Steve try's to get up and uses the railing for support. My head starts pounding. I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and pick me up helping me stand. I thanked Steve.
"Okay, Cap, Dream,, get out of there" Maria said as Steve looks down at me.
"Fire now" Steve said as he holds me close to him.
"But, Steve..." Maria said.
"Do it! Do it now!" Steve yelled into the ear piece. Steve looks down to see Bucky trapped under some fallen rubble so he goes down to help Bucky out from being trapped. Steve and me finally get Bucky out from under the ruble.
"You know us" Steve said as Bucky lashes out at Steve in anger.
"No, I don't!" Bucky yelled.
"Bucky, you've known me your whole life" Steve said as Bucky hits Steve but Steve chooses not to fight back.
"Your name is James Buchanan Barnes" I said as he threw a punch at me. Hitting me in the face.
"Shut up!" Bucky yelled.
Steve takes off his mask and drops his shield out of the Helicarrier, "I'm not gonna fight you. You're my friend" Steve said as Bucky pushes Steve to the ground.
"You're my brother" I said.
"You're my mission" Bucky said as he then mercilessly punches Steve repeatedly across the face, "You're my mission!"
"Then finish it" Steve said weakly as Bucky hesitates holding his fist up, "Cause I'm with you to the end of the line."
Bucky looks at Steve as if he's starting to remember just then the bottom of the Helicarrier falls sending Steve down into the river below as Bucky watches from the Helicarrier, Bucky looks over to at me. I was holding onto the side so I didn't fall.
"BUCKY!" I yelled and he rushes over and helps me up. He quickly takes ahold of me and then he jumps out of the Helicarrier just as it explodes and the two of us land in the water. Steve is pulled out of the water and dragged onto the shore by Bucky. Bucky carefully lays me down. I looked at Bucky and cough some water up.
"Careful" Bucky said staring at me. He looks at me and Steve one last time before he turns and walks away. My body shivers as I look over at Steve who is still unconscious. I move his body with my foot so he can cough up the water. I watch as my older brother walks away. My eyes grow heavy before I slowly fall into unconsciousness.