Fury's Death and Pierce

Me and Steve watch as the doctors operate on Nick. Moments later Natasha joins at our side. I gave her a sad smile before we continued to watch doctors operating on Fury.
"Is he gonna make it?" Nat asked as I leaned into Steve's side.
"I don't know" Steve said.
"Tell me about the shooter" Natasha said.
"He's fast and strong" Steve began.
"He had a metal arm" I finished just then Agent Maria Hill also joins us.
"Ballistics?" Nat asked.
"Three slugs. No rifling and completely untraceable" Maria said.
"Soviet made?" Nat asked.
"Yeah" Maria said as suddenly we watch in shock as Fury's state deteriorates.
"He's dropping" said one of the doctors.
"Crash cart coming in" a nurse said.
"Nurse, help me with the gauzes, please. BP is dropping. Defibrillator!" A doctor said as me, Steve, Natasha and Hill watch in shock as Fury is flatlining.
"Charge to one hundred" a doctor said.
"Don't do this to me, Nick" I hear Nat whisper.
"Stand back! Three, two, one. Clear!" A doctor said as Fury is given a shock with the defibrillator.
"Pulse?"
"No pulse"
"Okay. Charge to two hundred, please. Stand back! Three, two, one. Clear!" Fury is given another shock.
"Give me epinephrine! Pulse?"
"Negative"
"Don't do this to me, Nick. Don't do this to me" Nat said as the four of us watch the doctors as they continue to revive Fury but Fury is still showing as flatlining, I turn my head away and Steve turns away as they finally call his time of death.
"What's the time?"
"1:03, Doctor"
"Time of death, 1:03 A.M" I cry softly into Steve's chest as I wrap my arms around him.
Nat, me and Steve are in a room where Fury's dead body has been laid out, I stood beside Steve as we stood there looking at Fury's body with tears running down our faces, Hill joins us.
"We need to take him" Maria said as Steve goes over to Nat.
"Natasha" Steve said but she doesn't respond, instead she tenderly touches Fury's head then turns and walks out, Steve and me follow her.
"Natasha!" Steve called and Nat turn to face him.
"Why was Fury in your apartment?" She asked.
"I don't know" Steve said as we are interrupted by Rumlow.
"Captain, Dream, they want you back at SHIELD" Brock said.
"Yeah, give me a second" Steve said.
"They want you now" Brock said making me give him a very mean face. If looks could kill Brock would be dead.
"Okay" Steve said then Steve turns to Nat.
"You both are terrible liars" she said before walking away.
Me and Steve watches Natasha leave. I let out a sigh before tiredly rubbing my hand down my face tiredly. I needed some sleep. Steve suddenly notices the vending machine next to him. I gave him a questioning look before he showed me the flash drive in his pocket. He nodded to me and I walked over to Brock and the STRIKE team. We waited for Steve. Once he walked over he didn't even smile. Just a stern face.
"Let's go" he said.
"Yeah" Brock said as he turned to the agents, "STRIKE, move it out." As we leave I know  that Steve has hid the flash drive behind a pack of gums in the vending machine.
Back at SHIELD, me and Steve are brought to Pierce who is talking to Agent 13 or who I thought I knew as Kate. But turns out her real name is Sharon Carter. She's related to Peggy. She told me not to tell Steve.
"For whatever it's worth, you did your best" Pierce told her.
"Thank you, sir" Sharon said as she turns to leave she sees Steve and me.
"Captain Rogers. American Dream" she said walking past. I send her a very small smile but Steve replies coldly as he walks towards Pierce.
"Neighbor" he said making me roll my eyes.
"Ah, Captain! Dream! I'm Alexander Pierce" Pierce said smiling at us.
"Sir, it's an honor" I said as me and Pierce shake hands and then him and Steve shake hands.
"The honor is mine, Captain, Dream. My father served in the 101st. Come on in," we entered Pierce's office where he shows me and Steve an old photo of Fury with Pierce, "That photo was taken five years after Nick and I met. When I was at State Department in Bogota. ELN rebels took the embassy, and security got me out, but the rebels took hostages. Nick was deputy chief for the SHIELD station there. And he comes to me with a plan. He wants to storm the building through the sewers. I said, "No, we'll negotiate." Turned out the ELN didn't negotiate, so they put out a kill order. They stormed the basement, and what did they find? They find it empty. Nick had ignored my direct order and carried out an unauthorized military operation on foreign soil. He saved the lives of a dozen political officers, including my daughter."
"So you gave him a promotion" Steve said.
"I've never had any cause to regret it" Pierce said as we sat down, "Captain, why was Nick in your apartment last night?"
"I don't know" Steve said.
"You know it was bugged?" Pierce asked.
"I did, because Nick told me" Steve said.
"Did he tell you he was the one who bugged it?" He asked. Steve doesn't reply obviously not knowing this information, "I want you to see something." Pierce brings up footage of Batroc being interrogated.
"Who hired you, Batroc?" Asked the agent in the video.
"Is that live?" I asked.
"Yeah, they picked him up last night in a not-so-safe house in Algiers" Pierce answered. 
"Are you saying he's a suspect? Assassination isn't Batroc's line" Steve said.
"No, it's more complicated than that. Batroc was hired anonymously to attack the Lemurian Star and he was contacted by e-mail and paid by wire transfer. And then the money was run through seventeen fictitious accounts, the last one going to a holding company that was registered to a Jacob Veech" Pierce said.
"Am I supposed to know who that is?" I said as Pierce hands me and Steve the file.
"Not likely. Veech died six years ago. His last address was 14-35 Elmhurst Drive. When I first met Nick his mother lived at 14-37" Pierce said.
"Are you saying Fury hired the pirates?" Steve asked.
"Why?" I asked.
Well the prevailing theory was that the hijacking was a cover for the acquisition and sale of classified intelligence. The sale went sour and that led to Nick's death" Pierce said.
"If you really knew Nick Fury you know that's not true" Steve said.
"Why do you think we're talking?" Pierce said, "See, I took a seat on the Council not because I wanted to but because Nick asked me to, because we were both realists. We knew that despite all the diplomacy and the handshaking and the rhetoric, that to build a really better world sometimes means having to tear the old one down. And that makes enemies. Those people that call you dirty because you got the guts to stick your hands in the mud and try to build something better. And the idea that those people could be happy today, makes me really, really angry," he hesitates a moment before continuing, "Dream, Captain, you two were the last ones to see Nick alive. I don't think that's an accident, and I don't think you do either. So I'm gonna ask again, why was he there?"
"He told us not to trust anyone" Steve said.
"I wonder if that included him" Pierce said. Steve pauses a moment before replying.
"I'm sorry. Those were his last words. Excuse me" Steve said as Steve picks up his shield, places it on his back and we start to make our way out of the office.
"Captain, Dream" Pierce said as me and Steve stops and looks at Pierce, "Somebody murdered my friend and I'm gonna find out why. Anyone gets in my way, they're gonna regret it. Anyone."
"Understood" we both said before we turned and left.
After me and Steve leave Pierce's office we step into the elevator. I had a lot of things on my mind at the moment.
"Operations control" Steve said.
"Confirmed" the computer said but just as the elevator doors are about to close Rumlow steps in with two STRIKE agents.
"All STRIKE personal on site" Brock said.
"Understood" a STRIKE agent said.
"Yes, sir" the other said.
"Forensics" Brock said into the computer.
"Confirmed" the computer said.
"Cap, Dream" Brock said to us.
"Rumlow" me and Steve reply as the elevator doors close and we start riding down.
"Evidence response found some fibers on the roof they want us to see. You want me to get the tac-team ready?" Brock asked.
"No, let's wait and see what it is first" Steve said.
"Right" Brock said as me and Steve notices one of the agents touching his weapon suspiciously. The elevator stops and more SHIELD and STRIKE agents enter.
"What's the status so far?" One asked.
"Administrations level" the other agent said to the computer.
"Confirmed" the computer said
"Excuse me" an agent said to me and I moved a little out of the way so they could squeeze in.
"Um...sorry about what happened with Fury. Messed up what happened to him" Brock said to us.
"Thank you" Steve said as I get the feeling something is off. Me and Steve looks at the agents in the elevator and notices one of them is sweating, then the elevator stops and more agents enter.
"Records" the agent said to the computer.
"Confirmed" the computer said as the elevator doors close me and Steve realize we've been surrounded by agents.
"Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Steve asked. There's a moment's pause before suddenly one of the agents turns and uses an electric rod to give Steve and me a shock, the others grab Steve and try to strap his wrists with magnetic cuffs, Steve manages to knock some of them down but one cuff remains, then Rumlow uses his rod to give Steve a shock. One STRIKE agent put a magnetic cuff on my left wrist and it stuck to the bar railing. He lights up his electricity rod and shocks me in the side making me scream loudly. I quickly kick him where it hurts. Steve manages free himself from the magnetic cuff and knock all the agents down, he turns to Rumlow.
"Woh, big guy. I just want you to know, Cap, this ain't personal" Brock said as Rumlow then goes to attack Steve with his electric rod but I get shocked instead and Steve manages to defend himself and eventually knocks Rumlow out.
"It kind of feels personal" Steve said as Steve picks up his shield and breaks the cuff off my wrist then opens the elevator doors, but we are faced by a team of STRIKE agents pointing their weapons at us.
"Drop the shield! Put your hands in the air!" One yells. Steve uses his shield to breaks off the elevator wires which sends the elevator down, as he forces the doors open he sees more STRIKE agents approaching him, he closes the door and looks for a way out.
"Give it up, Rogers! Barnes! Get that door open! You have nowhere to go!" One yells outside. Steve grabbed ahold of me and held me tightly before Steve breaks through the glass in the elevator and plummets down to finally hit the ground floor. Me and Steve get up and start running off. Me and Steve rides out of the SHIELD garage on his motorcycle, evading the obstacles laid out but then a Quinjet emerges ahead of us. "Stand down, Captain Rogers. Stand down" the pilot ordered as the Quinjet lowers its machine gun, Repeat, stand down."
Steve doesn't stop they start shooting at him, Steve throws his shield into the propellers to jam it, giving him an opportunity to hop onto it and do more damage to the jet with his shield before jumping off as the jet goes crashing down and he escapes. I'm out of breath by the time we get out of the area. We were now fugitives of SHIELD.