22

'Hey Mars, the Odd Squad is comin to yo parteeyy!'

I close my eyes and try to go to sleep. Guess what? I can't. There's something bothering me inside. Somethings not right. What is it? I squint my eyes a bit more maybe it'd help me sleep.

I reach for my side table and grabbed a cold metal thingy. A ring? I don't remember having a ring like this one. Maybe Gess left it during our sleepover yesterday night. How cute it is. Oh look! It has engraved letterings on the inner part.

'I love you Chris!'
- Rachel.

Chris?! Rachel!? Who is this Rachel girl!?? That Collins is such a womanizer! A two timer! A crosser! He has Melanie and now another girl named Rachel? He better be wearing a bulletproof armor tomorrow when I see him!

I managed to go into a 3 hour nap. I can't stop thinking about it, about Rachel, about Melanie and about Collins! All these things won't sink into my mind. I mean who is who and which is which?

The next morning I look like the walking dead. Seriously my hair is like a nest on top of my head. I wore the natural look. I was too lazy to put on makeup. It's like I don't care about what I look like today. And my face looks like the face of a grumpy old man when somebody steps on his property.

On my way to class I pass by Andrea and Shawn slobbering all over each other under the stairs. No shame. Andrea felt my presence so she deepens her kiss on Shawn's lips and press her body tighter towards him. Disgusting. And you know what? I'm just gonna ignore 'em today, tomorrow and if possible the rest of my life. Amen.

I am basically making out with my desk on my second period. The teacher here is always late so let's just grab the chance and savor atleast a five minute nap.

"Someone's not in a very cheery mood today..." I groan in response. "Are you on your period or something?" He sounds familiar though. Where have I heard this voice before?

"Shut up person! If you don't want a knuckle sandwich!"

"This person's name is Zachary if you don't recognize me." Ohh yeaahhhh right.

"Ohh ... now I remember. Hey PotatoZach. Sorry I didn't recognize y voice, you don't talk often."

"Yeah... chicks dig the silent mysterious type." That's when I lift my head from the desk and face him.

"What are you even doing here?" I need sleep before the teacher arrives.

"You were too busy doing the zombie walk that you didn't notice you dropped this." He held out the beautiful ring that was left on my bedside table by Collins given to him by his other girlfriend I think.

"Thanks. So where you goin'?"

"Im heading to the amusement park to ride the ferris wheel, wanna come?" I look at him with my left eyebrow raised.

"But Zach we're in school."

"Exactly. And you dare ask me where I'm going? Offcourse I'm headed to class." He said in a 'duh' tone. "Are women always this stupid during their time of the month?"

"Did you know I took karate classes?"

"Im outta here woman. See ya later. Zacharius' out! Peace." Good.

I stare at the beautifully made ring. Who are you Rachel?

Listening to this teacher makes me want to sleep more. Her voice is so flat and emotionless. She's like a living robot. It's like listening to the human sleeping pill. Literally makes me sleep. She can knock down a student in just a couple of minutes. That's one heck of a talent.

Once again the bell saves the day. I was on my way to the bathroom when...

"Yeah.. yes..." I hid behind a door. He's been avoiding me these past days and I don't want to run into him like this. "Yes Rachel I'm sorry!" Is he talking to Rachel? I just stood there weighing my options. Am I gonna leave like I didn't see him or stay and listen. "..i just cant find the ring you gave me.." I'm definitely eavesdropping. "I said Im sorry... i'll try to look for it." Should I tell him I found it? But who the hell is Rachel? Is she really his girlfriend? "..okay bye. Take care....i Love you."

The magic words. He said it. The three magic words. And that means Rachel is his girlfriend. I felt someone just stabbed my heart. I slid my back against the wall until I was sitting down on the floor. What am I doing sprawled on the floor? That's because the guy that you really like has a girlfriend. I admit it. I am jealous, very!. I feel hurt because I thought we were atleast friends but not anymore. I felt stupid that I didn't even realize I was developing feelings towards him and I didn't stoo it before it gets too late. Before I get hurt. Before I raised my hopes. Before anything like this would happen. A light sob escaped my lips. Good thing the hallway is empty now.

"Raffy? What are you doing there?"

- - - - - -