Prologue

Most of the time, her visions made sense. Usually, there was an order to them, an understanding of sorts. But this vision was unlike any she'd had before.

While there were numerous flashes of Emmett and the Volturi, everything seemed chaotic and out of order. Alice forced herself to concentrate and finally through the confusion and blurriness, she was able to focus on a single image.

Peaks of sunlight shone down on a beautiful woman, her skin glistening like diamonds as she pushed two little girls on a wooden swingset. The two girls giggled and the woman smiled, her golden eyes sparkling with true happiness.

As the vision ended, Alice sat down on the couch next to Jasper. Edward, hearing his sisters confused thoughts came in from the other room.

"What did you see?" he questioned.

Alice gave him a puzzled look. "I'm not sure."

Jasper set down the historical novel he had been reading. Sensing his mates frustration, he tried altering her emotion so that maybe she could concentrate better.

As Bella followed Edward into the room, she immediately could sense something was wrong with her best friend.

"What happened?" she pleaded, looking from Edward to Alice to Edward again. "More bad news?" she asked.

Earlier Alice had received visions of Seattle, but she shook her head. Alice was about to explain when she was cut off by Esme and Carlise flashing into the room.

"What's wrong?" Carlisle asked as he too assumed all the commotion was over another vision connected to Seattle.

"Everyone, calm down," Alice laughed. "I'm not sure what I saw," she said as Rosalie walked in through the front door.

Alice's head snapped up as she quickly made eye contact with her brother, Emmett.

"I don't think it's a bad thing though," she smiled.

*Disclaimer and Copyright- I do not own anything that has to do with Twilight, those belong to Stephanie Meyer. However, I reserve the full rights to this story line and my official characters: Sofia, Maddie and Jaqueline*