Chapter 27

Jackie ran through the woods, hoping and praying that her plan would work. Her heart pounded and her legs burned, but there was no turning back now. She jumped over roots and dodge under tree branches until finally she came to a road.

She breathed a sigh of relief as she took in her surroundings. Her house was less than a mile away from where she stood. She would take up refuge at her old place for the night and figure out a way to get back to the Cullen's in the morning.

Jacob had distracted the wolves while Emmett, Esme and Carlisle snuck out. Jackie, unbeknownst to any of the Cullen's had done the same thing. Ever since they had gotten back, every waking moment had been dedicated to caring for Bella. She just needed a second to herself. A moment to breath and get her thoughts together. Plus a hot shower and the probability of warm food didn't sound too bad either.

Slowly she crept up the stairs of the back porch and unlocked the door. A musty smell struck her in the face as she opened the door. It had been a few months since anyone had been there, and it definitely showed.

Immediately she began rummaging through the cubards only to find a can of spaghetti o's and a bag of French's fried onions. She shrugged her shoulders and popped open the bag, munching on a few of the onions while she waited for her spaghetti o's to heat up.

Jackie wondered if anyone had found the note she had left yet, telling them she'd be back in the morning. She went to grab her phone out of her back pocket but silently cursed when she realized the pocket was empty. Her phone must have fallen out while she'd been running.

Oh well, she sighed. There was no use in dwelling on that right now. She quickly finished eating and then bounded up the stairs to grab a hot shower. Within no time the tiny bathroom was filled with steam.

She took a long hot shower. The water cascaded down her body relieving all the tension in her muscles and the stress of the past couple weeks. She really hoped Emmett was enjoying his hunt as much as she was enjoying this shower.

Suddenly she remembered she may not have her cell phone, but she was pretty sure her ipod was still in its docking station on the top of the toilet tank. She pulled back the shower curtain a little and smiled. Sticking her hand out, she turned on the ipod and got all excited as Selena Gomez blarred through the speakers.

As she lathered shampoo into her hair she started singing. Gonna wear that dress you like, skin-tight. Do my hair up real, real nice.

She turned off the water and began drying off. 'Cause I just wanna look good for you, good for you, uh-huh. I just wanna look good for you, good for you, uh-huh.

While she was singing, a feeling of dred came over her. The hairs on the back of her neck stood and suddenly she became aware that she was no longer alone in the house. Whipping back the shower curtain, she immediately froze as the blood in her veins turned to ice.

"You can imagine my disappointment at not receiving an invitation to your wedding," he began. "Afterall, I am your husband," John said, narrowing his steely blue eyes at her.

"Ex husband," she reminded him.

He laughed viciously at her. "Did you really think a piece of paper would stop me from claiming you?" he asked. "You belong to me," he snarled taking a step forward.

"I don't belong to anyone," she shot back.

With that, he came at her so fast slamming into her body with such force, it knocked her back into the shower wall. Her head hit the tiles with a sickening smack. As her vision went fuzzy, she felt him pull her out of the shower and drag her down the hall.

At the top of the staircase, she tried to fight him. She struggled against him, digging her nails into his flesh, kicking and screaming, but he eventually threw her into a wall, crushing his body against her backside. She winced at the intense pain shooting through her abdomen, certainly he had fractured a couple of her ribs.

"This is going to be painful," he muttered as he unzipped his pants. "And you're not going to enjoy it."

He snaked his hand around her mouth, gripping tightly to stifle any screams when suddenly she bit down into his fingers. Warm blood pooled into her mouth. Angrily he gripped her hair, smacking her face into the wall before roughly flipping her around and slamming her down on the ground. As he threw himself on top of her, there was a loud pop as one of the fractured ribs cracked all the way.

Jerking her head back, Jackie spat his own blood in his face before letting out a terrific scream. Blood poured down her face and she was pretty sure her nose was broken too, but she refused to go down without a fight.

There was another small struggle before John grabbed her by the legs and drug her down the stairs, her head slamming into almost every step on the way. By the time they reached the living room, her head throbbed tremendously and she fought to stay conscious.

As he lowered himself down on top of her, he placed a leather roll on the floor next to her. Jackie's body trembled violently as he unrolled and tossed back the leather flap revealing what was inside. She tried to fight him one last time as he placed both her hands above her head.

Jackie screamed as John deftly ran one of her wrists through with a knife, effectively securing her arm to the floor. As he grabbed another knife, she turned away, a sob catching in her throat. No one knew where she was. No one would come for her.

A thought occurred to her, that maybe she could somehow reach out to Alice. She squeezed her eyes shut and focused but it was just too much. There was so much blood- and pain, it was unbarable.

Jackie screamed out again. It felt like someone was ripping her apart. She opened her eyes and was met with a crazed look on John's face. He was cutting her open. He was litterally cutting her open. A sadistic smile tugged at his lips. He was enjoying this and suddenly Jackie realized she was going to die.

As the blood drained from her body, she immediately began to feel cold. Her vision was nothing more than a fuzzy blur. Closing her eyes, she became numb to the world and eventually let the darkness consume her.

*A/N Hello my lovelies! I just want to thank everyone who has voted, followed, commented or added this story. I write because of you!!! :)*