Epilogue

"Take care of my daughter," Jackie heard Bella whisper to Jacob as she placed Renesmee on top of Jacob's back.

Jackie stood frozen, watching in horror as her world around her began to crumble apart.

"Jackie!" Bella yelled. "What are you doing? We have to get the girls out of here!"

Benjamin quickly grabbed Sofia and placed her on top of Seth before picking up Maddie and cradling her in his arms. He would do what needed to be done even if Jackie couldn't.

"Jackie," Benjamin called to her and quickly she spun around. She looked on in heartbreak as tears streamed down the girls' cheeks.

"Jackie, c'mon!" Bella yelled again as things began to get more tense.

"No."

"What?" Bella hissed.

"No!" Jackie yelled, shaking her head as she turned around to face the Volturi.

"Stop!"

Suddenly as Jackie yelled and placed both of her hands up, everyone around her froze in place. The entire field grew eerily quite- only the sound of snowflakes falling could be heard. It took Jackie a few minutes before realizing that she had compelled the entire battlefield to listen to her.

Even though he was yards away, Jackie looked straight at Aro when she spoke.

"Life," she whispered as she could feel her eyes begin to dilate. "You choose life," she said again.

"Brother?" Caius questioned as he turned to look at Aro. "What kind of trickery is this?"

"It's not a trick," Carlisle spoke up. "It's her gift," he explained.

"Mind control?" Caius challenged.

"I like to call it, compulsion," Jackie smiled as she stepped closer to the Volturi. "And that's how I know my family poses no threat."

"We will keep the girls, all at home," Carlisle explained. "We will school them and then when the time comes we will either turn them, or Jackie will compel them to forget."

Aro seemed to accept this, but Caius seemed to remain skeptical. "But what of the other child," he asked pointing towards Renesmee. "The unknown still poses a grave threat to our kind."

As he spoke, two more vampires emerged from the woods.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own," Alice explained with a smile as they came to stand by her. "This is Nahuel and his Aunt from the Tekona tribe of Brazil."

"We have enough witnesses," Caius muttered but Aro demanded he let them speak.

"I am half human, half vampire, like the child," Nahuel began. "A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth. My aunt raised me as her own. I made her immortal."

"How old are you?" Bella asked from behind him.

Nahuel turned to answer her. "A hundred and fifty years," he replied.

Bella sighed in relief and glanced towards Jackie who gave her a small nod and a smile. It seemed they would all have a very long time together afterall.

"At what age did you reach maturity?" Aro asked.

"I became full grown seven years after my birth. I've not changed since then."

"And your diet?" Aro questioned.

"Blood or human food- I can survive on either."

"As you can see," Jackie began, "there is no danger here. Forget this silly war," she said, "and everyone can return home."