Chapter 31

Breaking Dawn Part 2

"You found him!" Esme exclaimed as she opened the door for both Jasper and Emmett.

"Where is she," Emmett growled as he shoved past her.

"In Carlisle's office," Esme replied, the smile fading from her face as she felt the tension between her two boys.

"I swear to god, if this was all just some elaborate trick to get me back here-"

"It's not a trick," Jasper ground out. "She really is in transition."

Emmett suddenly vanished as he sped off to Carlisle's office. Jasper shook his head and walked in to the house.

"I'm just grateful you found him in time," Esme smiled. "He'll come around once he see's for himself."

"Truth is, I had a little help," Jasper informed her. "I wouldn't have gotten to him in time if it hadn't been for her," he said.

"You mean Jackie?" Esme questioned.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Somehow she projected herself to him and got him to stop long enough for me to catch up to him," Jasper explained.

There was a sparkle of awe in Esme's eye. She wondered what special gifts her new daughter in law may possess.

As Jasper and her entered the room, they saw Emmett sitting next to Jackie. He was holding her hand and right where he should be, Esme thought with a smile. To think, in just a few short hours she would have not one but two newborn daughter in laws.

Emmett kept shaking his head in disbelief, muttering over and over again.

"I'm here now baby, I'm here," he said lifting up her arm and kissing her hand. "I'm never gonna leave your side again," he whispered.

***
It had been three days since both Bella and Jackie had started transitioning. Even though she was on the other side of the house, Emmett could hear Bella's heart beat one final time as she took her last breath. She was awake.

He hoped it wouldn't be long before Jackie did the same. As if on cue, Jackie's heart gave one more beat before she too exhaled a final breath. Emmett smiled as her eyes fluttered open. Gripping his hand, she slowly sat up.

God she was beautiful before, but now she was absolutely breath taking. She could rival even the most beautiful of models or actresses. Emmett grinned at the thought of having to beat hordes of men off of her.

Jackie's eyes adjusted to everything around her. It was incredible how she could see the tiniest of dust particles dancing in the sun, to the smallest print on the binding of a book yards away. She slowly sat up and tried to stand, but she felt like a new born deer on wobbly legs.

Emmett's rock solid arm encircled her waist and for the first time, Jackie finally understood how hard it must have been for him to be so gentle with her. She looked up at him and her breath hitched in her throat, it was like she was seeing him for the first time and he was incredible.

Suddenly it hit her, she had already loved him before, but now she knew he truly was her soul mate. Grasping his shoulders, she pulled him into a tight hug allowing his scent to overtake her. It was amazing that she had never noticed his natural manly musk before. Fresh pine, mulled cider and sunshine invaded her senses.

As she pulled away, Emmett caressed her cheek with his thumb. His smile faded into a frown as he looked into her eyes.

"What's wrong?" she asked, suddenly worried.

"I'm sure it's nothing," he assured her.

"But, what?" she asked again, slightly annoyed.

"It's just, when a newborn awakes, they usually have red eyes," he began as he turned her around to face a mirror. "But your's," he said wrapping his arms around her waist, "are amber."