Chapter 1- I'd Say it's Nice to Meet You

Hi guys so this is my first story on Wattpad....I'm just getting started so some of the chapters might be a little short but I hope you like it!!! oh and please give me feed back....I would love some constructive criticism!!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

!Tess's POV!

I hear the crash from the door of the dance room. I never knew that running into a door would cause so much noise, but it did and I nearly peed my pants in the process. I stood in shock as a guy ripped into the dance studio, carrying a backpack and a skateboard.

I think he was a little surprised to see me too, considering the lights were all off and I was standing in the dimly lit dance studio by myself. I was just about to scream out when he crossed the floor towards me and covered my mouth with a large hand. Extremely fast I might add...

"Don't. Please." Something his look made me suck in my breath and hold it. I nodded, but instead of releasing me like I thought, his grip became tighter and he pushed me back into the wall, out of sight of the open door.

It took me a second to realize why, but it soon became clear that the boy was hiding from the two police officers who were standing outside the studio ready to come in.

"Daff closfft" I said against his hand. His brow furrowed, and had it not been under these circumstances it would have looked adorable. I mean with his dark brown hair, deep emerald eyes... STOP TESS YOU DON'T KNOW HIM! and he's running from the cops.......

"What?" He asked lightly lifting his hand.

"Dance closet. Now hide." I said and pointed to the glass covered door. It was a one way mirrored room that Ms. Casey, the lead instructor, built so she could watch us without us knowing and critique our technique later. Kind of creepy I know, but it helped in the long run.

I pushed (the still unidentified) boy into the closet and just as I closed the door, the bell chimed over the dance studio entrance.

I made it look like I had just stopped dancing, since "Sail" by AWOLNATION was still playing loudly in the background.

"Hello Miss Finnly." One of the officers said.

"Officer Douglass? What can I do for you?" I asked politely. It was sad that I knew these officers. It partially was my dad's fault. Him being Chief of Police for the city of Chandler, Arizona all...

The officers who had walked in, I had met with numerous times- hell, they showed up at my eighteenth birthday party a few weeks ago. Clark Douglass and Matthew Dean were the two of the younger cops on patrol.

"Tess, we had a call in about a neighborhood disturbance. We thought we saw one of the perps run this way." Matt said puffing out his chest, speaking in stupid cop terms.

"I haven't seen anything. But you are more than welcome to take a look around." I said making a sweeping gesture to the room. I looked pointedly at the closet knowing the guy in there was looking at me. I could feel it somehow...

"Tess, I didn't know you owned a skateboard..?" Clark said holding up the board in question.

"Oh yeah. It's no biggie." I said taking the board from him. He gave me a look that said he clearly didn't believe me. Truth was I actually could ride. My brother taught me years ago and I picked it up really well.

Giving the officer a look that said watch me, I took the board from him, put it at my bare feet, and stepped on.

As easy as pie, I did a simple Ollie, and then I kicked the board up on its back wheels and spun a 360. I stopped and then kicked the board up to catch it. Both cops looked at me with awe. And I say men loosely, they're only 20.