Chapter 7- Not Just A Regular Kid From Chicago

~Tess~

"Hi, I'm Tess." I said offering my hand for him to shake. But instead of shaking my hand he pulled it up to his lips and kissed it. I blushed. and tried to hid my face.

"Jesus, Tess did Declan here do this to you?" Spade's voice suddenly became hard. I glanced up and looked at him. He was clearly taking in the mark across me face, which I had totally forgot about, until now.

"No he didn't do this to me. He stop the guy who did though." I said my eyes meeting Declan's flashing green ones. 

"Heart. You know if you do shit like this, Diamond's going to find you that much faster right." Spade was saying cryptically. 

"Who's Diamond. Is he who is coming after you? And why does this guy think you burned down a building?" I blurted out. I was extreamly confused and I hated being out of the loop. A habbit I learned growing up with a police officer. 

"I guess you heard all of that conversation." Declan said sighing. He shoved his hand in his pockets. 

"Well, I see you either have some explain to do, or some packing to do. He's coming after you Ace. Be prepared, brother. Bye beautiful." Spade said and took off on the skateboard that was under his feet ,that I just no noticed. Wow, way to be perceptive Tess I thought icily to my self.

"Something tells me that you're not just a regular kid from Chicago are you?" I ask.

"Again with the questioning." Declan turned to face me fully. Though he wasn't looking at me per say, he was looking at the now black mark on my face. 

"We should get you home." was all he said before he kicked his foot up and over the bike. I shrugged and got on behind him. It wasn't like I had a right to pry into his life. I barely knew him. 

But that wasn't necessarily true now was it. 

~Declan~ 

Well this is just a fricking fantastic  I thought, watching Tess close her front door. She was very surprised to realize that we we neighbors. She had gushed about how she could now sleep at night knowing that a guy she barley knew was going to be right across the street from her. 

But back to the case at hand, Diamond is looking for me or should I say Carter Price, one of the biggest known fighters in all of Illinois. Carter Price was a buddy of mine. We met when I had won my first fighting matches at the October Fest Martial Arts tournament when I was thirteen.

We had become best of friends, yet I always knew how cunning he was even for a pre-teen. We had grown up togeter at the Aces Dojo. There we met our other best friends Matty Jonston A.K.A  Clubs. and Tatum Slick A.K.A Spades. 

The four of us we practically inseperable, until about a year ago when Carter almost killed a guy becasue he threated me and Tatum. We were at a bar, getting wasted after Matty had been dumped by a long time girlfiriend. Suddenly this guy came up to us trying to be a tough guy and pick a fight with the younger kids in the joint. 

Names were call, words were thrown, and shit got ugly. Well the man Carter beat half to death happened to be the brother of one of Chicago's biggest gangs. Carter wanted to take on the Latin Kings, by our selves, and things just got ugly. 

One night they cornered us at the Dojo, and when we got our asses kickes Tatum and I backout of the fight and all fighting, we told Carter we had had enough. Carter said he'd never forgive us for backing down. For being corwardly. He said he would seek revenge for makeing a fool out of him. 

That was before Dojo was blown up by the Latin Kings, with Matty inside and not making it out still breathing. He now blames me for what happened and wants revenge. The Dojo was his home and Matty his brother, and becasue he thinks I've destroyed it he's coming after me with enough rage to fire a small army. 

Which is why I Left Chicago and came to Arizona with my mother. and then met Tess. 

How the hell am I supposed to keep a low profile with her around. The girl is a walking match. Alwasy at a 120%. 

And why do I feel the empending need to protect her and have her close. I've only known her for about a week.