Chapter3- Skater Rat from the Hood.

!Tess's POV!

"Have you see him around school?" Grace asked setting her tray on the grubby table top. We were at Winks, for a pre-shift meal, down the street from school. It was friday afternoon,about an hour after school before out offical shifts started from 4 to 9 pm. 

 I sat across from her in the booth and set down my fruit salad and water bottle.

"Yes and did you not hear me when I told you that he was still kid who was I hiding from the cops last sunday?" I huffed staring at her cheese burger. She had the uncanny ability to eat whatever the hell she wanted and LOOSE pounds. I, however, did not have the luxury.

To keep up my health for dancing, I was put on a strict diet. Needless to say I was practically drooling as she bit down into the  greassy burger. Lettuce and cheese spilling out the bottom of it. 

“Yes well, I would hide him my closet anytime. I would probably never let him leave. I mean he’s just…uh… yummy.” Grace said.

 I did have admit that when he walked through the door of the classroom last monday he was attractive. His dark brown hair was swept under a baggy grey beanie with only slight tuffs of hair falling out. He wore a white long sleeved  v neck t-shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows, showing toned tan skin underneath, his biceps filling out the sleeves nicely.  

Added with dark jeans and black converses, he looked like a god. Add that to the fact that he was in three more of my classes ( a total of Calculus, AP English 12, Drawing 101, and American history) , something told me I would be concentrating on something other than my history projects this semester.

That and I thought he was crazy for wearing jeans in may in Arizona. He was clearly not from around here. 

“You’re ridiculous .He looked more like a skater rat from the hood.” I said with a smile and a laugh. I had taken a bite of my apple when I felt a presence beside me.

“Speaking of rats…” Grace mutter and I answered with a sigh and a pointed look.

“Hey Babe,” His voice made me cringe. He slid into the booth next to me, and I slid closer to the wall.

“Hunter,” I started, but I was cut off when his hand came over my mouth.

“Baby, I’m sorry I messed up, but, it’s OK, because I still love you. You know you over reacted and you still love me and still we’re together. And I know you’re sorry, I know you just needed a few weeks to cool down.” He said.

I shook his hand off, slapping it down.

“Hunter. I meant what I said. I don’t want to be in a relationship with you anymore. These last six months have been good, but we’re over. I wasn’t lying at the party, nor was I kidding, we’re over. ”

I watched as his figure straightened out to a full standing position over me. I felt small sitting in this boot with no where to go, but I made a promise to myself that Hunter Shanks would never make me feel small anymore, so I sat tall and proud in my ripped cushion booth seat.

Grace just sat there with a pissed off expression and I knew the little fire cracker was about to jump the table to kick Hunter ass. She never liked Hunter, and I now finally understood why.

Hunter had cheated on me two weekends ago and I had called it quits. To be honest, it was a huge relief to get out of that relationship. He always made me feel small and insignificant, at some points even stupid- but I know I’m not and it feels good to know it.

So finding him with his pants down in a dark lit bedroom with some whore form the next town over was enough for me to call it quits.  I felt lousy for putting up with his crappy antics for so long, really.

I didn’t cry, I didn’t yell, I didn’t feel anything. I just said goodbye and left.

“You know what Tess, you just a little prude child. You were too scared to give it up, so I needed some attention from someone a little more willing. You were lucky enough for me to spend so much time with you in the first place. You little bitch-”

 He finish that thought because I stood up and slammed my closed fist into the bridge of his nose.

“Ow, shit Tess!” he screamed holding his face.  His wild angry eyes finally turned to me then, and I had never feared Hunter before- I knew he had a temper, and I knew when I had crossed the line, but he had never been this angry. I knew he was going to hit me. I took a slight step back as he raised his hand.

Mind you, this was all taking place in a very public dining hall, so I was aware that everyone and their mother was about to see me get the shit slapped out myself, by their beloved, all-state wrestling champ.

Hunter raised his hand back and when he moved forward, I closed my eyes and braced for the impact. But nothing came.

“I would not do that, if I were you.” I heard a steely voice behind me. I opened my eyes to see a tan arm outstretch over my shoulder holding Hunter’s wrist.

“Who the hell are you?” Hunter spit out. Blood was streaming down his face still, making him looked deranged.  I felt a spark of happiness that I had caused that.

“Someone who owes her a favor,” Declan said mysteriously.

“Look this isn’t between you, so you need to get lost,” Hunter said looking back to me.

Declan stood in front of me, blocking me from Hunter’s view and Hunter from me.

“And what are you going to do if I don’t?” Declan questioned. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the guy to the right is Dave Franco and in this case Hunter!!!!! >>>>>>>>>

~COAKLEY OUT~