Chapter 6

Jen's PoV

We packed everything we'd need for this trip into our cars. After a little while, I'd convinced Sam and Dean to let me drive my own car. I shut the trunk and got into the driver's seat. Joe got in next to me, and I started driving. Sam and Dean would follow us since I was the only one who knew the exact spot at which we needed to be. It was about an 18 hour drive. Cas was with with my cousins. I put on the radio and picked up some classic rock station. Highway to Hell came on. Ironic, right? I laughed.

"How can you laugh at that? You're going to die, and you're laughing!"

"Joey, calm down. I've known I'm gonna die for 6 years. I might as well have a little fun before I go." He sighed. We drove for about 6 hours in silence.

"Jen, can you pull over?"

"No."

"Please?" I sighed.

"Why," I asked with an annoyed tone.

"I have to pee." I snickered a little bit.

"There's a diner near here. Text Sam, tell him we're pulling in there," I commanded. He pulled out his phone and sent the text. I pulled into the diner parking lot, and Joe ran inside. I got out and walked in with Sam and Dean. We sat in a booth and Joe slid in next to me. A boy about my age came over to get our orders. We all got burgers, Joe got Sprite to drink, and the rest of us got beer. Except Cas, he didn't get anything. The boy kept glancing at my brother.

"You old enough to drink," the boy asked me.

"Nope," I said, popping the p.

"Fine, if anyone asks, I was told the beer was for the other guy," he tells us, gesturing to Cas.

"Okay," we all say in unison. Our food came, I paid, and we were about to walk out before the boy came over to me.

"Hey, I was wondering, is your brother by any chance, um, not straight," he asked hopefully.

"Why do you need to know," I answered. He scratched the back of his neck.

"Uh, um, well, I was wondering if he'd wanna go out with me sometime," he said nervously. I smiled.

"I'm sure Joe would love to," I told him, jotting Joe's number down on a napkin. He grinned.

"Awesome, I'm Jimmy, by the way. Could you give this to him," he asked, handing me a piece of paper with a phone number on it. I nodded.

"Yup. I've gotta go now. Good luck." I ran out the door and jumped in my car. I shoved the number into my brothers hand and drove.

"His name is Jimmy, he likes you. Text him," I ordered. He rolled his eyes, but pulled out his phone anyway. After a few minutes, he had the biggest grin plastered on his face. I couldn't resist.

"Joseph and James, sitting in a tree, f-u-c-k-i-n-g." He huffed and punched my arm.

"Hey! I'm driving," I scolded. He rolled his eyes and went back to texting. I smiled. I'm glad he's happy.

Ten hours later I pulled over at a rest stop. I ran to the bathroom and did what I needed to. I came back out to find the guys waiting in line for some fast food restaurant in here. We're in Allentown, Pennsylvania currently. I went over to Starbucks and got myself and Dean coffee. I walked over to them in line and handed Dean his coffee.

"Kid, you're the best," he said appreciatively.

"I know," I replied smugly. We all ordered chicken legs from the place I found out was KFC. Joe was still on his phone grinning like a madman.

"Who the hell are you talking to," Dean inquired. He looked up and blushed.

"Um, uh, um-"

"His boyfriend," I said. They all looked to Joe for confirmation and he nodded. Dean huffed and handed $10 to Sam. I just pretended not to see that.

"What's his name," Sam asked.

"Jimmy," Joe answered. We ate the food and I got up.

"C'mon, we've only got about an hour left," I informed them. We all got to our cars and we were off. I'm really nervous to see my ex. I wonder what's going on in Scranton.

July 20, 2015