Chapter 12

Joe's PoV

How the hell are we supposed to find this thing? I just wish Jen wasn't so persistent on being used as bait.

"DAMNIT," I heard someone yell. I looked up from my computer screen to see Dean pacing.

"What?"

"Jen's gone. She left a note saying she couldn't sit around and do nothing, so she left!" I hung my head.

"Damnit," I whispered. Why couldn't she just wait. I got up and walked out the back door. I started yelling and kicking things. I tend to be violent when I'm angry, in case Jen hasn't told you. I let out a string of profanities.

When I was finished with my tantrum, I heard the back door open and someone put an arm on my shoulder.

"You done? 'Cause we can go after her now." I looked over to see it was Dean who came out.

"Yes, I'm done. Let's go."

We all got into Dean's car and he drove us to that old record shop. I jumped out as soon as he stopped, and I saw my sister's bag lying on the ground. I picked it up and saw that everyone else had gotten out of the car.

"I think it's keeping the girls in an abandoned factory down the street," Sam said. I remember that factory. There used to be a bunch of them around here, but there's only one left standing. I sprinted there. I'm guessing the others were coming, too. I was right, because just as I was about to go in when someone grabbed my shoulder. It was Dean.

"You can't just rush in there. You come with me. Sam, Cas, and Bille are gonna go in the back. Don't wander off," he said. He handed me a 9mm and kicked down the door. I could faintly hear a strained voice in the background.

Regna terrae, cantate Deo,
psallite Domino
qui fertis super caelum
caeli ad Orientem
Ecce dabit voci Suae
vocem virtutis,
tribuite virtutem Deo.

I tapped Dean's shoulder.

"That's Jen. Follow her voice."

Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus
omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio
infernalis adversarii, omnis legio,
omnis congregatio et secta diabolica.

She was having trouble getting the words out. I could tell she was injured.

Ergo draco maledicte
et omnis legio diabolica adjuramus te.
cessa decipere humanas creaturas,
eisque aeternae Perditionis venenum propinare.

Her voice got louder.

Vade, Satana, inventor et magister
omnis fallaciae, hostis humanae salutis.
Humiliare sub potenti manu dei,
contremisce et effuge, invocato a
nobis sancto et terribili nomine,
quem inferi tremunt.

Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, Domine.
Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias
libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos.
Ut inimicos sanctae Ecclesiae humiliare digneris,
te rogamus, audi nos.

Ut inimicos sanctae Ecclesiae
te rogamus, audi nos.

We finally found her, lying on the floor, chained to the wall, covered in blood. There was a girl about my age with black eyes in a devil's trap. Jen started coughing up blood, but she continued the exorcism.

Terribilis Deus de sanctuario suo.
Deus Israhel ipse truderit virtutem
et fortitudinem plebi Suae.
Benedictus Deus. Gloria Patri.

And with that, the girl's body went limp, the demon leaving her. I noticed the others had found us. Sam went to see if the girl was alive. I looked around more to see that along the wall were 5 other girls. The girl in the middle I recognized was the first one that went missing. Sam looked up and shook his head. Once I realized what was going on, I ran over to Jen. Cas, Billie, and Dean were getting the other girls out.

"Joey," she whispered.

"Cover your eyes." She did, and I shot the lock on the shackles. They broke, and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Joey, I can't move my legs." I nodded and picked her up bridal style. I noticed that her head was bleeding, as was her side. She kept her arms around my neck.

"Cas," I yelled. He looked up and his eyes widened. He swiftly walked over to us and put his hand over her head wound. Nothing happened. He looked as bewildered as I was.

"Joey, it hurts," she said with so much pain in her voice that it made me numb. She never shows weakness. Never. She's never asked me for help in her life. That one statement shocked me so much that I hadn't noticed Dean take her from me, or Sam call the police to report the missing girls' location. I hadn't noticed when he practically dragged me to the car, or when the 6 of us sped off to the hospital. I hadn't noticed Jen was lying across us in the backseat until I heard Dean yelling.

"Joe! Snap out of it man!" I looked down to find my sister's head resting on my leg. I pulled her up to me, holding her tightly.

"Joey I'm scared. I don't want to die. Not yet."

"You'll be fine. Tell us what happened."

"It took me. I woke up with the cut on my head. Then I don't know what happened. It made me cut myself. I did this to myself. I shot my legs and cut my side. I don't know why. I swear I didn't want to! I didn't mean to," she sobbed into my shirt. I rubbed her back.

"It's okay. We're gonna take you to the hospital, and you'll be okay." Dean pulled into the emergency area and got out quickly. We all did the same. I carried Jen in. She was struggling to stay awake. Sam said something to the receptionist and my sister was taken from me again. I sunk to the floor and sobbed. She can't die. Not today, not ever.

~2 days later~

They still haven't let anyone see her. We've all slept at the hospital. Well, I haven't really slept, but you know what I mean. A nurse just came in.

"Family of Miss Jennifer Winchester?"

"That's us," Dean said, standing up.

"I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but she didn't make it. She wrote out letters for all of you, though."

"No," I stated blandly. She gave me a sympathetic look. But I knew she was right. I could feel it. They say twins can tell when something bad has happened to the other one. They're right. She's gone. My sister, Jennifer Winchester, is dead.

September 6, 2015