Chapter Ten

Thank you so much Mikayala7700 for another amazing cover 😍💜

Blayze was nearly to the Farm Hilux that Alex had driven into town.
I walked a few meters behind him, struggling but not really trying to keep up with his long strides.
He was mad, that much was obvious.
Well I didn't ask him to punch anyone!
In fact I told him Jack wasn't worth it.
But typical Blayze, he'd gone ahead and done it anyway and between the two of us we'd been kicked out of the Pub.
Wasn't that bad?
I'm only seventeen years old and I've been kicked out of the local for self defence/fighting!
The doors slammed behind us.
"Oi wait for us!"
Shayne's voice called.
I stopped and turned around to see Alex, Jake and Shayne walking down the slate porch that surrounded the hotel.
"Where's Troy?"
I asked as the guys got closer.
He was the only one missing.
"Staying back with a lady friend."
Alex explained with a wink.
Gross.
I schooled my face and nodded.
I turned on my heel and continued to the Hilux.
Wasn't this going to be a fun drive home...
"Gimme the keys Alex."
Blayze requested from the opposite side of the faded blue bonnet.
"Uhhh..."
The twenty-one year old looked like he wanted to protest, but knew going up against Blayze wasn't the smartest of ideas.
Not only was Blayze four years older than him and bigger in both height and muscle, he was also his superior when it came to work.
In fact even in the social context Blayze was his superior.
Alex dug the keys from his jeans pocket and tossed them across the bonnet to Blayze who caught them easily.
As the smallest of the group, I got shunted to the middle seat.
Alex was next eldest so beat the other boys to the passenger seat, leaving me to sit between Jake and Shayne.
Blayze started the Diesel engine as the rest of us were climbing into the car.
By the time we were all buckled in, he was ready to instantly hit the accelerator.
He swung the car in a reverse U-turn, slipped it into gear and sped to the road.
Shayne nudged my side, his eyes sparkling with a smile.
"First bar fight Bailey! How'd it feel?"
I shot him a frown.
Jake laughed.
Alex twisted around in the passenger seat, his grin visible.
"Wouldn't wanna get on your bad side!"
He declared.
I felt my cheeks flame.
Well this isn't awkward or anything!
Blayze forced the car into the next gear up and put his foot down further on the accelerator, making us go yet faster.
I peered toward the dust covered speedometer.
We weren't even out of town yet and he was already doing 100k's.
"Blayze."
I cautioned, my nerves spiking.
He glanced briefly at the rear view mirror.
"What?"
He grunted.
"Take it easy yeah?"
My heart was starting to beat too fast.
My mind flashed back to when I'd been driving and those crazy drivers had come up behind me way too fast and crashed into me.
Shayne grinned.
"He knows what he's doin!"
Those idiots who's crashed into me probably thought they'd known what they were doing too.
Thankfully, I felt and heard the drop in the revs as Blayze backed off on the accelerator.
I looked to the speedo to see the needle slip back to 85 and then 80k's.
Out on the open road, I know Blayze will hit at least a hundred, but that's the legal limit and I know he knows the area and what he's doing.
Alex fiddled through the radio stations and turned the volume up a bit when he came across some mash up that sounded like it involved Pitbull.
Not my exact favourable type of music but it's bearable.

Blayze took the side drive, to drop the boys to the shearer's quarters first.
Usually I'd just get dropped to the house first, but that meant at least one of the guys having to climb out of the car and then back in.
Besides, the detour would only take a few minutes.
"Catchya later."
Alex bade.
"See ya."
Shayne added.
"Bye."
I replied.
Jake and Shayne slammed the back doors.
Blayze shifted the car back into gear and aimed for the main house.
"You can just take it to the shed and I can walk."
I offered.
"It makes no difference."
Blayze grumbled and swung the 4x4 up the slanting dirt drive, past the five acre paddock that was nearest the house.
A frustrated noise escaped my throat before I could attempt to stop it.
"Are you mad at me?"
I asked, frustrated.
He'd been in a shit mood since we left the hotel, barely saying a civil word to anyone the whole drive home.
It hurt me that I was copping this kind of attitude from him.
"Why would I be?"
The same 'I don't bloody want to talk but you're forcing me to' tone laced his voice.
He stopped the car at the bottom of the path to the farm house, right by the creaky side gate.
I glanced at the illuminated clock up the front of the car.
10:54PM.
So I guess we are home early in Pub night standards.
I shifted forward so that I was almost leaning between the front seats.
"Can you turn the car off?"
I requested.
"Why?"
His tone was clipped.
"So we can talk, without wasting diesel."
"What exactly do you want to talk about? Because what I'd really like to do is get home, have a beer and maybe watch a movie."
My heart pinched.
So he is that mad at me.
"For god sake you are so frustrating!"
I pushed back, slid across the back bench seat and shoved the back door open.
"Yeah? Join the club."
Blayze retorted.
I paused with my hand on the door and the door open.
"What?"
I asked, bewildered.
"You're just as bloody frustrating!"
Blayze shoved the car into gear, getting ready to speed off.
"Just bloody well forget it then!"
I jumped down from the car and slammed the door shut.
Blayze gunned the engine and took off, some dirt spitting up.
I shook my head and stomped up the path to the back door, letting the creaky gate clang shut behind me.