Chapter Fifty-Eight

I stumbled in the direction of the kitchen, wiping my long sleeved t-shirt arm across my mouth to wipe away the remaining water droplets from where I'd rinsed my mouth a few moments ago.
I couldn't really hear any noise coming from the kitchen and anxiously wondered if it was going to take me some time to find Mum.
My legs feel weak and it worried me that I'd fall over before I even found Mum.
Relief washed over me.
I found her easily!
Mum immediately got up from her place sitting at the dining table, with a magazine and mug of coffee in front of her and came around the table to meet me in the archway.
"Baby...you don't look well at all."
"Mum I- I'm sc-scared."
I croaked.
Alarm crossed my Mother's face.
"Are you in pain?"
She hovered with her hands almost touching me.
With eyes full of tears, I blinked hard and shook my head.
In pain was about the only thing I wasn't.
Almost all of yesterday I was projectile vomiting.
Today seemed to be going the same way.
I don't even know what the time is but I swear it should be some time of the afternoon!
"What is it Baby?"
Mum's hands gently landed on my shoulders as she peered worriedly at my face.
Though most of her face was blurry through my torrent of tear's, so I blinked again, trying to clear them and get some focus back.
"I f-feel w-woozy again a-and-"
My lips trembled and my throat burned, making it hard for me to get my words out.
Concern filled my mother's loving eyes.
"Like last time?"
Last time?
Flashes of coming to at the doors of the hospital ran through my mind.
"I- I'm th-thirsty b-but can-can't keep an-anything d-down and-"
My anxiety was setting in.
I knew something was wrong.
My chest was heaving as I tried to keep oxygen coming in but also tried to keep talking.
"I f-feel diz-dizzy!"
I croaked, clamping my eyes shut against a wave of nausea.
Mum's hand felt like an ice pack as she laid it gently against my cheek.
"Baby I'm gonna take you to the hospital."
Oh god!
Not the hospital again!
Another wave of spiralling unsteadiness hit me and with my eyes closed, I stumbled forward.
Mum's arms wrapped around me, her perfume flooding my senses.
Thank god she was there to catch me!
"Lukas!"
She yelled, alarm spiking her voice.
I heard hurrying footsteps behind me.
"What's happened?"
Uncle Lukas asked.
"Is she okay?"
Worry laced his deep voice.
"I'm taking her to the hospital, she can't stop being sick but she's barely keeping anything down either."
Mum explained.
"Can you help me get her to the car?"
"I'll drive ya both."
Uncle Lukas' smell invaded my senses as he walked closer to where I clutched at the fabric of my Mum's top, resting my head on her shoulder and ensuring to keep my eyes closed as I tried to concentrate on my breathing.
"Paperwork can wait."
"Thanks."
Mum whispered.
"Baby?"
Now I realised she was talking to me as she gently ran a hand over my hair.
"Mmm?"
I asked, keeping my eyes closed to block out the spinning of the world.
"Uncle Lukas is gonna help you to the car."
Mum explained.
I nodded my head weakly.
Mum released me from her arms and the next smell to meet my nose was Uncle Lukas.
"I gotcha Princess."
He murmured, one arm going around my back.
I leaned into him and he slipped his other arm under the back's of my legs.
I sucked in a breath, my eyes still closed as my world tipped.
"Just try not to chunder on me."
Uncle Lukas requested.
I managed a small smile.
I cracked my eyes open to see we were approaching the back door.

"I thought I told you I didn't want to see you back in here until the end of the year?"
I tried to muster my best semblance of a smile as Doctor Legend came to stand alongside the bed some Nurse's had placed me into.
"What seem's to be the problem?"
Doctor Legend asked me but his gaze flickered to Mum and Uncle Lukas as well.
I waved toward Mum for her to explain.
I didn't have the energy to go through the explanation again right now.
Wearing a slight frown, Doctor Legend checked a few of my basic vitals after Mum had given him the rundown.
"Okay I'm gonna get the Nurse's to set you up on some drip's again."
He declared.
I nodded.
I was expecting that.
Right now I didn't even really care that it meant I was going to have needles stuck into my arms.
I just want to feel better!
"I'll be back in one moment."
Doctor Legend's English accent promised.
He turned and walked out of the door, leaving Mum, Uncle Lukas and I alone in the room once again.
Mum leaned forward in her seat and reached out to take my hand.
"You okay baby?"
I nodded.
Hopefully these drips kick in quickly.
Right now I can't really choose between if I want to be sick or go to sleep.