Chapter Thirty Seven

Shaking my head, I walked back into my room from emptying my guts into the toilet again.
The incessant ringing of my bedside table alarm reached my ear's.
I sighed and crossed to my bedside table to switch it off.
5:34AM, the alarm read.
Miraculously enough, now that I'd been sick, I didn't feel too bad anymore.
Hopefully this bug will rack off soon and I don't go and give it to everybody else!
I crossed to my drawer's to find clothes to wear for the day.
Tuesday is here again.
I dressed rhythmically into fresh underwear, Bullzye t-shirt and faded Wrangler jeans, then sat on the edge of my bed to pull a clean pair of sock's onto my feet.
I'd find my boot's at the back door as usual.

Grandma offered me a smile when I stepped into the kitchen.
"Mornin' Darlin."
"Hey Gramma."
I leaned in to kiss her cheek.
Briefly, surprise flashed in my Grandmother's green eyes.
Then her smile grew.
I stepped around her to get to the kettle.
"Mornin Bail's."
I looked over my shoulder to see Grandpa was now in the kitchen too.
It wasn't even 6AM and he was wide awake.
Though I was well used to that sight.
Grandpa was pretty much up with the Rooster's and had been my whole life.
"Hey Grampa."
I replied and turned back to finish making my first coffee.
"So you were quite the hit with Blayze's young one I hear."
Grandpa noted.
I felt a blush warm my cheek's and was thankful that my back was to my Grandparent's.
"So it may seem."
I agreed and tossed the teaspoon into the sink.
Sunday when Blayze got back from taking Tameron to town to his Mum, he told me Tameron told him he likes me.
Of course I was flattered to a degree.
Yet I also didn't know what it was meant to mean.
"C'mon through and get some breakfast sweet pea."
Grandma picked up a tray of breakfast food and disappeared through the archway that led toward the out dining room.
Grandpa nodded me through ahead of him.
"Ladies first."
I stretched onto my toes to give him a kiss on the cheek before walking by.
Briefly I caught the surprised but pleased look on his ageing face and I couldn't help but smile to myself as I stepped into the out dining room.

"Whoa Phoenix."
I reined my horse back to a walk as a wave of nausea morphed into a head spin.
I don't fancy falling from his back again any time soon...
I clamped my eyes shut and slouched forward in my saddle, resting my forearm against the smooth surface of my saddle horn.
The swing of Phoenix's stride made my head swim.
I reined my golden child back to a stop and all but threw myself out of the Western saddle, thankfully managing to land on my feet and stay on them, although I stumbled.
I had no time to find somewhere nice or private because right at that moment my stomach acid's forced the content's of my stomach up.
My throat burned, my eyes watered and I lost my breakfast, gagging horribly at the end.
"You alri- oh."
I didn't look up at Shayne.
I remained leaning forward with my hand's braced on my knee's and my eyes closed so I didn't have to look at the content's of my stomach which were now spilled on the ground in front of me, the smell putrid.
"Do you...need a drink?"
Shayne asked carefully.
"I've got water."
I very nearly whispered.
Shayne and Aston made their way over to Phoenix's side and I heard Shayne drop from the saddle.
A few moments later my bottle of water appeared about half a foot in front of my face.
"Thanks."
I grabbed it and straightened my posture to take a drink.
I used the first mouthful to rinse my mouth and spat the water onto the grass, then I chugged some water down my throat.
As the water cooled my throat and my head cleared, I felt remarkably better.
"Do you wanna go home?"
I twisted the cap of my water closed and turned to Shayne.
I very nearly laughed at the expression on his face.
The poor guy looked awkward!
"I'm good now."
I walked around Phoenix to put my water bottle back in the cooler bottle bag hanging on the side of my saddle.
"People who vomit aren't normally alright Bail's."
Shayne sounded weary.
I walked back around Phoenix's head, giving his nose a pat as I went and prepared to climb back up into my saddle.
"I'm good Shayne. Let's go scan some fences."
I hauled myself up onto Phoenix's back.
Shayne still didn't mount up, so to prove my point, I urged Phoenix forward at a trot.
Soon Shayne and Aston caught up to Phoenix and I.