Chapter 2: Understandings

Jenny's P.O.V.
Running. That's what I used to do with my parents, but then momma was sent to Stormcage for killing someone and I was separated for Daddy....again. This time I was on Gallifrey, with its beautiful; red grass fields, the silver shining forests, and the mountains of Solace and Solitude. Then came the capital of the Time Lords, encased in a mighty glass dome that was shining ever so bright under the twin suns.
It all felt so real, but I know it wasn't. It's just a dream, and a dream it ever will be. Both Momma and Daddy had told me about Gallifrey loads of times before, and what happened to it. It was in a time lock, so if I ever wanted to see my home planet again I would have to bring back the war.
I was only 2 when my parents took me away from Gallifrey. See, somehow they broke the time lock, but they got in before the war had started, and I was born on Gallifrey.
And like every Timelord and Lady, I remember seeing it for the First time.
I was a few days old when Momma carried me out of the Gallifreyan hospital. I looked at all the carvings and architecture of the city. But soon we left the giant glass dome to go to Grandfather and Grandmother's house on the side of the mountain. It was a lovely hike there, with the red grass that I saw for the First time, those silver trees that I loved so much, that Daddy picked a leaf to give to me. I squirmed in my bright red blanket as the leave was being crinkled in my tiny hands.
Momma and Daddy walked slowly up the hill as I drifted to sleep.

3RD Person P.O.V.

Jenny woke up without a sound and stretched. She looked around the strange room and saw that the door was opened. She smiled and crawled across bed with her blue blanket in her hand, expecting it to be red. It confused her, but she went on her way to get off the bed. She skillfully swung herself off the bed and threw the blue blanket around her shoulders.
She slipped her hand through the crack of the opened door and quietly slipped out into the hall. Her feet padded across the floor as she past a white door, probably the restroom she thought. She wandered down the hall a little more and turned into what looked like kitchen turned into a lab.
Then Jenny noticed the man sitting at the table looking into a microscope. He had dark brown, maybe even black, hair that was in tight, messy curls. He was very tall and skinny, with very pale white skin, very defined cheekbones and a black dress suit on.
He hadn't noticed that Jenny was standing beside him, her head only reaching a few inches below the table, so she decided to get his attention. With her favorite blue blanket around her, Jenny walked quietly to the chair opposite of the man. She pushed it back lightly, trying not to make any sound, and climbed up on to it. From there she easily got onto the table.
Now standing up on the table, she looked for possible ways to get across to the man, for the table was incredibly messy. Once she saw a path through the beakers and chemicals, she quickly made her way across the table.
Now she stood in front of the man, who was still oblivious to the fact that there was another human in the room (that was not dead). Jenny bent down and tapped the man on his head. He didn't even flinch, he just sat there. So she went for a different approach. She knelt down on the table and reached for the microscope.

SHERLOCK'S P.O.V.

Suddenly the specimen that I was studying disappeared and the image in front of my eyes went white. I closed my eyes out of frustration.
"John if you want to get my attention..." I looked up to see the little girl, Jenny, sitting on the table, grinning, holding my slide in her tiny hands.
I was staring at her when she said pointing to herself, "Jemmy." Since she was 4, she couldn't pronounce words correctly, I assumed that she meant Jenny, so I smirked and told her, "Sherlock."
The little girl smiled very wide and stuck her hand out to me. I looked at it confused, but Jenny noticed this so to help me understand she told me, "We shake hands now."
I smirked at her intelligence, and took the tiny hand in my large one. Jenny smiled playfully and pointed to the slide in her other hand when I let go of her hand. "What is it?"
I took back the slide and put back in the microscope. "You wouldn't understand." I said looking back into my microscope. Jenny got frustrated and hit my head and I snapped my head up to look at her.
"Teach me then." Jenny said holding her arms out, as if asking me to hold her. I sat there confused for a minute, and Jenny began to get frustrated. "Please?" Jenny said as she got off the table and slid into my lap.
I sat there unsure to what I should do, I have never experienced this kind of affection before.
My thoughts were broken when Jenny said, pointing to the microscope, then to herself, "Teach me, please." This time I understood what to do, although I thought it was silly to be teaching a 4 year old about blood samples. I sighed and started from the basics.
I was astonished to how Jenny understood everything I was teaching her. 'The letter was right.' I thought to myself, 'She is incredibly clever.'
So Jenny and I sat there all night until Jenny feel asleep on my lap. I didn't want to disturb her, so I let her continue to sleep on my lap. I hadn't noticed it was morning, until John sleepily walked into the kitchen to make coffee.
"Sherlock, have you been there all night?" asked a very tired John, who was rubbing his eyes. I just ignored him and continued my studies. It was harder than normal, because Jenny was sleeping in a ball on my lap. John walked over to the coffee machine, and had opened his mouth and was about to say something, then he just looked at me as if in shock.
"Sherlock?"
"What is it, John?" I said looking at John this time.
"Why is...Err..Umm.. Jenny asleep on your lap?" he asked looking for me to Jenny.
"Because when people get tired, they tend to fell asleep, John." I said looking back into the microscope. "She just happened to be on my lap when she fell asleep."
John just shook his head, grabbed his coffee, and went to read the paper in his chair. Sherlock felt movement on his lap and looked down to see piercing gray-blue eyes staring up at him. Jenny smiled and wiggled her off of Sherlock's lap and onto the floor.
Jenny yawned quietly and walked over towards John's chair. She walked past him, surprising him at how quiet she was, and walked to my chair. She gracefully pulled herself up onto it and sat down staring at John. She smiled and pointed to herself, the same way she did with me, and said, "I'm Jemmy."
John turned to look at me, "I thought you said her name was Jenny, Sherlock."
"It is John, she is only 4 years old." I said with my voice emotionless.