Chapter 17: Christmas

Jenny's P.O.V. -Christmas-

Lights had been strung up around the flat and snow was falling outside. The flat was decorated in Christmassy decorations and cards. Daddy was walking around 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas' on his violin.

Mrs. Hudson was sitting in his chair with a glass of wine in her hand, watching him happily. Lestrade was standing near the kitchen also holding a glass of wine. Jessica was sitting in John's chair with a fancy glass of chocolate (because she doesn't drink) and I was sitting by her legs with a fancy glass of chocolate milk also. John was walking around in a nice Christmassy jumper with a cup and saucer in one hand and a bottle of something in his other. It was probably some kind of alcoholic drink. Daddy finished his song with a little flourish and Lestrade whistled.

"Lovely! Sherlock, that was lovely!"Mrs. Hudson clapped.

"Marvelous!" John said.

"That was amazing, Sherlock." Jessica smiled. Daddy took a small bow and Mrs. Hudson, who was a little drunk at this point, giggled at him.

"I wish you could have worn the antlers!"

"Some things are best left to the imagination, Mrs. Hudson."

John handed Mrs. Hudson a cup of tea. "Mrs. H."

One of John's girlfriends with dark hair brought over a tray with mince pies and slices of cake over to daddy. I gave me glass to Jessica and jumped up to get a slice of cake from her. I grabbed one from her and said thank while daddy replied to her.

"No thank you, Sarah." He said politely. Her face immediately fell and John hurried over and put his arm around her as she turned away.

"Uh, no, no, no, no, no, he's not good with names. "

"No, no, no, I can get this." John's girlfriend put the tray down and folded her arms as she looked at daddy grimly.

"Why does John's girlfriend look so mad?" I whispered to Jessica.

"Some people don't like it when other people call them the wrong name.

"No, Sarah was the doctor; and then there was the one with the spots; and then the one with the nose; and then ... who was after the boring teacher?" Daddy continued talking.

"Nobody." The lady said glumly.

"Jeanette! Ah, process of elimination." He grinned at her. John sort of lead Jeanette away as daddy looked towards the door.

"Oh, dear Lord." Molly walked in smiling and carrying two bags that looked like they were full of presents.

"Hello, everyone. Sorry, hello." I ran over to her and gave her a hug before walking back over to Jessica, who was looking at her watch and out the window.

"Jessica, are you expecting something?"I asked her.

"Yes, but I'm not hoping for it." I gave her a confused look before she her mobile started to ring.

"Sorry, hi Molly."John walked over to greet Molly.

"Er, it said on the door just to come up." Everyone greeted her nicely, but daddy just rolled his eyes.

"Oh, everybody's saying hullo to each other. How wonderful!" He said sarcastically. Molly started to take off her coat.

"Let me, er ... holy Mary!" John helped Molly with her coat.

Lestrade made a funny face, "Wow!" I turned to Molly from my spot in John's chair to look at Molly.

"Having a Christmas drinkies, then?"