Chapter 4: Nightmares and Uncle Visits

JENNY'S P.O.V.
Later that day, daddy and I left the lab, and got a cab back home. I sat there looking out of the window up at the stars. I couldn't help but wonder what kind of life is sitting out there, waiting to be discovered. What kind of adventures are awaiting for travelers of space, the first mars expedition crossed my mind, but then I got a bad feeling about it. Then my thoughts turned to thinking about Martians. I think they would kind of look like a lizard, but in a big green armor suit-type-thing.
I thought of the planet I visited often in my dreams, Gallifrey is what I think it was called. It was 250,000,000 light years away from earth, but 10 minutes by Tardis. What is a Tardis? My thoughts continued on like this until the cab stopped in front of 221b.
Daddy paid the cabbie and helped me inside. Daddy shut the door as I started climbing the stairs. I immediately stopped when I heard John talking to a person I didn't recognized.
"Does he know what you are doing, Mycroft?" a voice said that I recognized as John's. Mycroft? Who the heck is Mycroft?
"No, not yet. I'll explain to him when he gets here." A strange voice said. That must be Mycroft. Just then daddy ran up the stairs past me.
"Explain to me what?" Daddy asked in stern voice as I entered the room.
"Ah, Sherlock, how nice of you to join us... and this must be Jenny." The red haired man said looking towards me. I stuck my hand out, and for the first time, someone took it without me asking them to shake. He let go of my hand and I ran behind daddy, holding tightly to one of his legs. He looked down at me and smiled, and I returned the gesture.
"Well, it does seem that little Jenny here has grown attached to you, Sherlock." Daddy snapped his head up to look at the man square in the eye.
"Yes, it does seem so, Mycroft. So what is it that you need to explain to me?" Daddy said, slightly irritated.
"Well.......I've been doing some research on Jenny, to find a relative's she can stay with, and, well.... Nothing came up. She has no one, Sherlock. So she'll either have to go to the adoption center, or she can stay here with two." I held onto daddy's leg as tight as I could now, like I was never going to leave him. He looked down at me, and I gave my biggest, saddest, cutest puppy-dog eyes I was capable of.
Daddy sighed and looked up at John. "John, would you be alright with Jenny staying here?" John sat there in surprise, and he wasn't very good at hiding it. I just hugged daddy's leg tighter and yawned. That is when I realized it was dark out, and I was very tired.
Daddy noticed and picked me up and carried me back to his room. He laid me down and put me blue blanket over me. I was instantly fell asleep listing to the voices coming from the fob watch and the other room.
'Soon, my moon, we are coming.'
'We will be back soon, keep yourself safe, Jenny.'
'Don't go getting into trouble, stay safe.'
'Keep us hidden from them.'

*********

There was screaming coming everywhere around me. Momma held me tight against her heaving chest. There was fire all around me, explosions this way and that.
Then I heard that hateful, mechanical voice screaming, "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!!!!"
I screamed as more and more of those voices started to join the chant.
"EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!!!" I heard blast that sounded like lasers, and even more screaming. I yelled for someone I couldn't remember. I yelled for my daddy.
Momma was carrying me when I finally opened my eyes. Red was everywhere. From blood stains on the ground, to the red of the clothes of the Time Lords. I was wrapped in a red blanket and a very dark blue one. I instantly recognized the planet we were on.
Gallifrey; the Shining World of the Seven Systems, located in the constellation of Kasterborous. 250 million light-years from earth. The moons were destroyed, and the twin suns had gone to sleep. Where the brilliant sliver-leafed tree forest should have been, were black burn marks as far as the eye could see. Little was left of the red grass fields, which once almost covered the entire planet. The snow capped mountains of Solace and Solitude, where me home was, had crumbled to the ground.
In the valley in between the massive pile of crumbled rocks, stood the capital of the Time Lords; the eldest and mightiest race of the universe. The glass surrounding it was cracked and shattered, smoke rising from every direction. Gallifrey was in complete chaos and mass destruction. My body ached from running and being so close to explosion. Not to mention, I was shot through the stomach by a Dalek, and I was losing energy. Momma yelled from me told hold on as more Blood came seeping through my clothes.

My face was smeared with dirt and grime, as was the rest of my body and cloths, mixing with the blood. It was clear to see that I had cried a lot, for the dirt and grime washed away with every tear I shed, leave streaks of clean, salty flesh. I couldn't help it, but I cried more and more. Not just for myself and my family, but for the other 2.47 billion children on Gallifrey who will surely die with me.
Momma's face was also dirty and smudged and had streaks of clean flesh where her tears had rolled down her own rosy cheeks. She was crying right now, but not quite as hard as I was. Her tight, messy, blonde curls swung from side to side, searching for something of importance, daddy of course.
I thought about him, and was sure he was dead. I am surprised momma and I are still alive. These thoughts made me cry harder, I mean I'm only 7 years old, just a child.
I watched in terror as my home burned, my friends and family die, and all my hope of anything dying with them. I sobbed into my mother's shoulder, my hand holding the last things my father probably would ever give me. My mother and a fob watch that had mine, momma's, and daddy's name inscribed into it in Gallifreyan. I could read it clearly and I would have it with me until I died. Momma was running when a lady with red hair ran in front of her. She looked at me with sad frown, but she also looked like she recognized me. We heard more Daleks before she took off running.
But as she was running away she dropped something. I looked down to the ground to see a stuffed animal, a teddy bear I think, burning and charring. I looked to momma, who was still searching for daddy. Bodies were lying on the ground, motionless and dead, empty metal shell corpses. Then I saw what caused all of this.
A robotic shell came rolling into view. An eyestalk with a blue light in the middle of it looked straight at me. The middle part of its body turned towards me and momma. Two objects pointed to me , one looked like a plunger, ready to be extended towards me, the other a high functioning laser, waiting to fire; a Dalek.
Daleks are an alien race of cyborgs created by the scientist Davros during the final years of a thousand-year war against the Thals. He genetically modified his race and integrated them with a tank-like, robotic, mechanical shell. His final modification was to remove their ability to feel pity, compassion, or remorse. But they are known to have one emotion, after having had every emotion removed except hate, leaving them with a desire to purge the Universe of all non-Dalek life. The Daleks soon came to view themselves as the supreme race in the universe and began a conquest of universal domination and extermination.
Now we are fighting them for the sake of all creation, in the Great Time War. The Dalek had turned its entire body towards momma and me. She frantically started running, but I heard it. The words I thought would be the last thing I ever heard.
"EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!! EXTERMINATE!!!" I closed my eyes hoping death would come easily for me, but then nothing. I opened my eyes in time to see the Dalek explode. Then someone walked though it, some who was very familiar. He was wearing a tweed jacket and a red bowtie. He held in his hand a sonic screwdriver, I watched him make. He was running towards yes, and I yelled.

I don't know if I yelled for him or for Sherlock at this point, but I yelled at the top of my lungs as I woke up.
"DADDY!!