Chapter 11: Lies

Jenny's P.O.V.
Daddy was looking at me. I saw it in his eyes, he already knew!
"How'd you know?"
"You remember, you were sent back in time to me. You may not have told me yet, but you've already told me. Get it?"
"Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey" we say at the same time.
"I think it's almost time for you to go back though, back to school .You're only suppose to have a week for break." Daddy said walking through the now unlocked gate to a tunnel.
"But I don't want to. It gets so boring, there's nothing to do! All we do is sit for hours and learn useless stuff whereas here I am learning valuable stuff that can keep me alive.
"Rory should be here by now, shouldn't he?" Grandmum wasn't paying attention to mine and dad's conversation. We went forward into the tunnels that were ahead.
"Not true. Besides, if I had to sit there and learn 'useless stuff', then you do too."
"But I hate it!"
"What about, oh what's is name, Rullana? Don't you want to see him?" Daddy looked at me with a grin. I just looked at him horrified.
"Dad! Shut it!"
"I knew it. you have a crush, you have a crush."
"Dad, shut it." I whined
" Whatever What about now? Can you feel it now?" Daddy asked the both me and grandmum.
"Honestly, I've got no idea what you're on about" Grandmum looked around.
"The ground doesn't feel like it should."
"Daddy's right, it feels weird."
"It's ten years in the future. Maybe how the ground feels is how it always feels." Grandmum tries to reason.
"Good thought, but no."
"Listen, you can hear drilling." I said.
"Afterwaves of a recent seismological shift and blue grass." Daddy added as an afterthought. of course daddy has some pieces of grass. And him being him he tried to eat some. It isn't pretty to watch.
"Oh, please. Have you always been this disgusting?" Grandmum asked.
"Yes, as long as I can remember." I said with a smile on my face, but daddy wasn't really paying attention.
"No, that's recent. What's in here." He said walking towards a door. Me and Grandmum just kind of looked at each other before we started to follow daddy.

It was now night time at 221B Baker Street when I woke up. I had fallen asleep for an hour or 2. I was lying on the floor with my drawing of a big castle with children everywhere. They were going to school for special little girls and boys. Daddy, John, and I are in our coats because the windows still haven't been replaced. Daddy was sitting in his armchair with his feet up on the seat and his arms folded tightly around him, trying to conserve heat. The pink phone was on the arm of his chair. John was sitting at the dining table, typing on his laptop. I was on the floor drawing more of my dreams. The TV was on and I think this show called Jerry Springer was playing. As the audience booed noisily, Daddy yelled indignantly at the telly.
" No, no, no! Of course he's not the boy's father!" He gestured at the screen as I looked up. "Look at the turn-ups on his jeans!" Sighing, he folded his arms again. John, who had looked round to see what Daddy was protesting about, had got back to his typing.
" Knew it was dangerous."John said not looking up
" Hmm?" Daddy said still looking at the telly.
" Getting you into crap telly."
" Hmm. Not a patch on Connie Prince."
" Have you given Mycroft the memory stick yet?"
" Yep. He was over the moon. Threatened me with a knighthood – again." That was funny, I could've sworn daddy had just lied.
" You know, I'm still waiting." John continued.
" Hmm?" Daddy glanced over at John.
" For you to admit that a little knowledge of the solar system and you'd have cleared up the fake painting a lot quicker and gotten Jenny home faster." John answered smugly.
" Didn't do you any good, did it?"Daddy snapped back.
" No, but I'm not the world's only consulting detective." John shot back just as quickly. Out if the corner of my eye I could a smirk slid on to daddy's face. John closed the lid of his laptop and stood up.
" I won't be in for tea. I'm going to Sarah's. There's still some of that risotto left in the fridge for you and Jenny."
His eyes still fixed on the TV when he replied, "Mmm!"

John stopped at the door, "Uh, milk. We need milk." He put his head on the doorframe.
"I'll get some. I'll take Jenny with me." Daddy replied.
John turned back with a look of disbelief on his face, "Really?!"
" Really." Daddy's eyes never even left the tv.

" And some beans, then?"John was pushing his luck.
Sherlock replied still not looking away from the TV, "Mmm."

John stopped at the door, "Uh, milk. We need milk." He put his head on the doorframe.
"I'll get some. I'll take Jenny with me." Daddy replied.
John turned back with a look of disbelief on his face, "Really?!"
" Really." Daddy's eyes never even left the tv.

" And some beans, then?"John was pushing hisluck.Sherlock replied still not looking away from theTV, "Mmm."John hesitated, still surprised, but then noddedand walked away. Daddy continued to gaze at the TV until he heared thedownstairs door open and close, then he picked up his computer notebook fromwhere it was tucked down beside him in the chair. Putting it on his lap andopening the lid, he stared at the message box on The Science of Deductionwebsite before he started to type.Found. The Bruce-Partington plans. Please collect.

He lifts his eyes in thought for a moment, then quirks a small smile beforereturning to his typing.

The Pool. Midnight.

He sent the message, then closed the lid, andgazed thoughtfully into the distance.
"Isn't time for bed, Jenny?" He looked at me forthe first time that night.
"But I just woke up, daddy." I had been drawingmy dream out on big piece of paper.
"Then why don't you go down and have some teawith Mrs. Hudson?"
"Okay daddy." I gathered up my drawing folderand put away my new drawings. I grabbed my pencils ad went to the door. "Daddy,what day is it tomorrow?"
"The 23rd I think, why?"
"It's my dad's birthday tomorrow." With that Iwent down stairs. That was one of the only things I can remember of my parents.Their birthdays, kind of what they looked like, but the most important thing isthat I remembered that they loved me.
I reached the bottom of the stairs and turned towardsMrs. Hudson's flat. I knocked quietly hoping that if Mrs. Hudson was asleep Iwouldn't wake her. But to my surprise she opened her door and looked aroundbefore looking down at me.
"Oh Jenny, dear, what are you doing down here?"
"Daddy sent me down, told me to come have teawith you."
"Come in dearie. What's in your hands?"
"My drawings, things I sometimes think that Ican remember, stories I think." I looked up smiling at her.
"Can I see them, your pictures?" She asked as Isat down at her table. She started making us some tea as I got out my pictures.Just then I heard the door to outside slam. I looked out the window to see dadwalking briskly down the road and 'round the corner.
"So tell me these stories then." Mrs. Hudsonsaid as she sat down with our tea.