Chapter Seventeen

A/N
Sorry it took so long! In my culture funerals last three days and like a few days after for family time. Thank you so much for all the nice words! I read every single one! I love you all dearly! I'm back and ready to show you guys what happens next! Also if you want you can check out my other book, Graffiti. Its a Camren Fanfiction.

Your P.O.V

I ruined everything, we had everything planned but I had to mess things up. After the incident I ran up to my room and laid on my bed with my knees hugged against my chest. I couldn't look at their displeased faces anymore. To make it worse, my parents had been there as well and witnessed what I had said to Dana.

Dana, damn, I snapped at her and I didn't even apologize yet. I felt a rush of gilt twist in my stomach. I mentally beat myself for causing such a ruckus on a day that was supposed to be perfect.

Before I could think of anything else I heard multiple knocks on my door. I walked up to the door and heard muffled voices.

"I could have just knocked."

"Oh hush, we all planned to knock on our way up here."

"Well we probably annoyed her."

"Its just a knock Laur." I decided not to ease drop anymore and opened the door and all five girls stood there with worried faces. I cringed remembering that look and had to look away to my door handle. I saw Ally place her hand on my shoulder from the corner of my eye.

"Y/N?" I ignored her and instead looked down at my fingers.

"Y/N look at me please." I felt their eyes on me, impatiently waiting on me to return the gesture. I couldn't see the people I loved give me the look I hated. I just removed my shoulder from Ally's grip and walked back over to my bed, Indirectly inviting them in.

I heard them all sigh before slowly walking into my room while I sat at the foot of my bed fidgeting with the ring on my finger. I felt my body rise on the bed indicating they all had sat down. I expected them to give me a long pep talk like they always had but instead I heard something being placed next to me.

I turned my head to see it was a bag with my name written on it.

"You gu-"

"Its not from us." Camila cut me off causing me to grow confused.

I was about to ask who was it from but I decided to find out myself. I grabbed the bag and turned to face the girls. I slowly looked up at them finally and saw that they were just as curious as me on what was inside.

I looked back down at the bag and pulled out the plastic that was concealing something wrapped, and a letter. I retrieved the letter first. On the front it had read, "To: My hero, From: Ashley"

I kinked my eyebrow, I didn't know an Ashley. Who was she and why was I her hero? I opened the letter and saw drawings around the sides, surrounding a paragraph. I admired the drawings first. It was filled with superhero symbols, but one was different from the others. It was located at the top of the letter. It had two H's inside the "same" section on a venn diagram. Under it was words in parentheses, I squinted my eyes to see what it read.

"Hero Harmony?" I looked up at the girls to see if they knew what I didn't.

From the look on their faces they were confused as I was. I figured the note would help give me the information I needed.

"Read it out loud." I heard Camila say. I took a deep breath before starting.

"Dear Y/N,
I know you might not know who I am but I'd like you to know you are my hero. You saved my life source Fifth Harmony, and you became my other life source for that. I know you don't believe yourself as a hero but to me you are. Yes you killed someone, but he would have killed you and everyone in that ice cream shop. I can tell you're hurting from it, I'm here to tell you this. That day you saved people and not just the people in that shop, but thousands who thought of the people in the shop as their life source. That day you did something not just anyone could do. That day you became a hero. You are a hero, even if you don't believe it. Heroes have symbols, and the symbol at the top is your's and Fifth Harmony's. 'Hero' represents you, the brave girl who risks her life to stop the villain. 'Harmony' represents Fifth Harmony. As you can see the two H's are in the 'same' section on the venn diagram. Thats because you guys are just the same, you are both heroes. Its hard enough to name you all, so I made a shortcut, Hero Harmony. I love you Y/N, I can honestly say you saved me. That day you made it six.

Sincerely,
Ashely"

I hadn't even noticed I had started crying, but by the time I had set the letter down I saw a tear fall on my leg. This girl's words hit me harder because I haven't even met her and she knew me just as much as the girls did. I quickly wiped my tears and look up at the girls who had unreadable faces on, as if they were thinking. I remembered something else had been in that bag, I slowly pulled out something wrapped in paper. It felt like fabric.

I ripped a piece of paper and saw a yellowish-gold color. I finished unwrapping it and saw it was a folded piece of cloth. I unfolded it and I had to catch myself before I cried again. It was a cape with the same symbol that was on the letter colored in black. I noticed a sticky note in the middle where the two H's were. I pealed it off and read it.

"Not all heroes wear capes, but some do." I read out loud and heard sniffles. I thought it was the girls but I look up at them and they were in awe. I noticed it was me. The tears I thought I was holding back came falling down my cheeks. I looked at the cape one more time before folding it back up and placing it in the bag along with the letter.

"Y/N?" I heard Ally say. This time I looked up at them.

"She was at the airport, she thought you were going to be there. She was too sad to greet us so she was away from everyone else. Camila went over to her." Normani explained and I just smiled.

"Are you okay?" Camila asked.

"Yes." I nodded. "I'm sorry about earlier." i added remembering the incident in my backyard.

"It's fine Y/N, we interrupted something that we had no business listening to." Dinah said placing her hand on top of mine.

"But do you really feel that way?" Ally added.

"Y-yeah." They didn't seem angry or annoyed, they seemed like the understood.

"Its only been a few months, people are still careful with you. Hell, we are still careful, but we understand how hard that can be on you. You aren't used to people treating you like you mean something, but you do. That girl who bullied you, the people who follow her, they don't know half of what you can do. They haven't seen you through our eyes, if they did they'd be scared of you. You got The all mighty Dinah to save you mangos downstairs for God's sake." We all chuckled as Dinah lightly shoved Lauren. "But thats not the point, the point is that you doubt your abilities, you doubt them so much that they are useless. You have to believe in something for it to happen. You can't expect a flower to grow without that little bit of water. You just have your seed, I think its time to pour the water Y/N."

Lauren was right, even though the nightmares are still there, the memories rush back, the scars still show, I know i'll always have my anchor. I still may not believe I am a hero, but I do know its time to add some water to the awaiting seed.

I smile, I smile so big that they already know what I was thinking. Its going to take time for my flower to grow, but i'm sure it'll be worth it.

"Hero Harmony?" Dinah asked interrupting the silence.

"Hero Harmony." I responded not caring how cheesy we were being.

"Maybe Hero Harmony is our forever." Camila added causing us all to laugh.

"Okay fault in our stars, lets go downstairs." Lauren said rising from the bed and heading to my door followed by the others.

"Coming?" Ally asked motioning towards the door.

"Yeah." I said before running up to catch up with them.

"Thank you Ashley" I mutter to myself once we all make it down the stairs.