Chapter Twenty One

Your P.O.V.

"So New York. Whats it like?" I asked. We were all currently piled in the back of the bus. Ally and Normani were sitting beside me while Lauren, Camila and Dinah sat across from us.

"You haven't been there before?" Dinah said from her seat and I shook my head.

"Oh my god Ninj, you're missing out!"

"Well whats it like?" I repeated my question earlier.

"You'll see." Camila jumped in and my excitement jolted threw my body. Her words made me so eager to see what New York had to hide. I was excited to see the city lights, tall buildings, and even the traffic. Every thing about New York was thrilling, and I haven't even been there.

"So here's the plan. Tomorrow at 12 o'clock in the morning we have an interview, then at 3 we have dance practice before we have to get to our show which is at 6." Ally explained to me.

"Looks like I'll be walking a lot tomorrow." I joked.

"And talking, the radio station asked you to be in the interview tomorrow." Lauren excitedly added. I felt my body's nerves explode through me. This would count as my first interview. I knew the interviewers ask for me because they wanted to talk about that night.

"W-what? Why?" I stuttered whiles feeling my face shift to a much more discomforted face.

"Ninj, are you okay?" Dinah asked placing her hand on my knee.

"No, I'm not. How am I supposed to do an interview? We all know what they're going to ask about." I explained truthfully.

"Okay, uh, it's fine. You don't have to do the interview." Ally said.

"Now wait a minute, Y/N." Lauren said before I could speak. She looked, well, I don't know, I guess you could say angry. But something about the way her eyes made me feel as if she was disappointed, and that took a jab at my heart a little.

"Look, you have a story, we all have stories, but your story can maybe help people. Sharing that story could possibly save people's lives. We understand you're scared, but at some point you have to talk about how you really felt about everything." Lauren's words made me speechless. I knew she was right but I couldn't shake off the feeling fear that's still latched itself onto me.

"Just sleep on it alright? It's late, we all should get some sleep." She sedately said standing up from her seat and walking over to kiss my forehead, before walking off to her bed.

"Your story could help people."

Those words echoed through my head all night until I finally made my decision.

---------------------------

"Ninj! Ninj wake the hell up damn it!" Dinah heedlessly yanked my covers up off of me waking me up.

"Damn Dinah what?" I asked obviously very furious with her at the moment. I noticed she was wearing makeup.

"I woke you up an hour ago and you said you would get up!" Dinah yelled causing my ears to ring.

"Shhhhhhhh. Good god you're loud." Dinah forcefully pulled me out of bed and dragged me to her make up stylist where everyone else was waiting for me, already dressed.

"Look I'm sorry. I must have been half asleep because I don't remember you waking me up." I said while yawning in between sentences.

"Whatev's, have you have you decided?" Dinah asked.

"On?"

"If you're gonna do the interview!" Dinah yelled once again.

"Shhhhhhhh, damn you're annoying." I said only half joking.

"That 'shh' sound is more annoying." Camila butted in.

"Oh sorry." I apologized while the lady started on my make up, which I never wear but today I will for the girls.

"Well-!"Dinah stopped herself from yelling before continuing. "Well are you going to the interview or not?" She said clenching her jaw. She is always grumpy in the morning so I don't get offended.

"Oh that! Yeah I am." I said as if it was no big deal and everyone's eyes shot towards me while the stylish was finishing up on my make up. I was looking at them through the mirror the stylist brought.

"Are you sure? Because if you don't want to-"

"Normani, I want to share my story." I said referring to Lauren's words which Lauren caught on to and smiled.

"I'm sorry." Ally randomly blurted out.

"For what?"

"This trip was supposed to help you forget that night, and we keep throwing stuff at you without asking how you feel about it." She moved her head to face the floor but I could still see the sadness in her eyes through the mirror.

"It's okay Ally. Really, I'm fine." I really didn't know who I was trying to convince, Ally or myself.

"All done." The stylish said bringing my attention to myself on the mirror. I looked-

"Beautiful, just beautiful." Normani said interrupting my thoughts. The biggest smile had made its way to appear on my face after hearing everyone agree to Normani's statement.

"Don't forget I love you girls." I said finally turning to them.

"Never" they all said in sync.

------------------

A/N

I know it's been a LONG ASS TIME and I'm soooooo sorry about that. I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas. I know this isn't a lot but I wanted to catch you guys up a little. Be nice to yourself beautiful people!!