0| Incipit prologus

Sometimes it's better to be alone. Nobody can hurt you.

- Hercules        

 Have you ever thought that a person's life could change in a matter of minutes? Scratch that, seconds?

I hadn't given it much thought, until it happened to me.

My life was perfect. I was happy, I had amazing parents, good friends and a budding career as a dancer.

I was part of a contemporary group 'Black jack'. We travelled around the world performing.

We weren't that well known since we formed our group around two years ago, but slowly we were gaining recognition and funding.

In fact we even had a show in Russia happening and boy, we practised like crazy! We couldn't afford to screw up. It was one of the rarest opportunities that we got to perform on a high platform.

Everything was perfect, I was content and happy, but never once did I thank God for giving me my wonderful life.

They say that you don't appreciate what you have unless it is taken from you. I wish I had done that. Little did I realize its importance until it was taken away from me.

My two loving parents and my naughty little sister.

I miss her and those petty little fights we used to have. Those times we sat in the dining room saying grace and digging in. How could I forget those late night movies and gossip with friends?How I miss it all, but did I deserve it?

That I don't know, but now I think that I was lucky to have lived such a life but all that changed on one fateful day. I still remember that cold night, December the 23rd- two days before Christmas.

We were supposed to have a peaceful dinner and take a trip to the log cabin by the lake, a tradition that we followed for years, but never had the chance to go again. All because of one little mistake.

That one little mistake cost me, my parents and -

My eyes.

A/N:Updates every three days ;)

A/N:
Updates every three days ;)