04| Quattuor

She knew she loved him when 'home' from being a place, became a person.
-E. Leventhal

Leah's Pov:

"It's rainy heavily isn't it?" I say, hearing the raindrops pelt loudly on the steel roof above our heads. In the news, they did mention that for a few days there would be heavy downpour. A weather man is always right, so I was a bit thankful to have an umbrella in my purse.

It's been a few weeks since I first met him. Slowly I've begun to enjoy his company, even though he isn't much of a conversationalist, he has been improving a lot.

As a bolt of lightning strikes, I jump from my seat making Ryan chuckle. "Are you scared of thunder?" he asks, failing to suppress his laughter as he looks at my terrified face.

I hear the booming of thunder again, this time it's louder and clear like a whip. I secretly scoot my chair closer to his, to feel safe and do it softly, hoping that he wouldn't notice but he does clears his throat. He was clearly waiting for my reply. I squeeze my eyes shut and grip his shirt for comfort.

"Yes," I mutter in softly.

"I'll drop you home then," he calmly says, making me feel relieved.

He takes my hand and places my stick in it and we walk out the front door but as I hear the pouring rain, I shrink away in fear. "Hold my hand, I won't let anything happen to you, don't worry," he reassures me as he places his hand over mine. The mere gesture makes me feel tingles all over and as we walk, every step I take with my hand in his just quickens my heart beat.

Am I falling for him?

It's cold outside since it was pouring heavily just minutes ago and it's only drizzling now, yet he holds an umbrella over my head as we walk as I tell him the directions to my house. We don't talk much. Usually I'm the one who starts the conversations, but now I'm feeling a bit nervous. Why do I feel so shy and embarrassed all of a sudden?

"A left here?" his voice interrupts my thoughts as he leans in, his breath fanning over my face as I jump in shock.

"Yes! I'll go home now. It's very dangerous for a guy like you to drop me off home. You can leave now," I blabber as I slowly let go of his large rough calloused hands and start walking with a fast pace, feeling my heart beat erratically in my chest.

"Watch out!" he yells suddenly and I feel myself falling.

A puddle.

How foolish of me, I should have been more careful. I close my eyes and wait to hit the ground but feel a firm pair of arms snake around my waist instead and hold me steadily. As I place pressure on the leg I suck in a breath and wince as my ankle twists. "Does it hurt?" he asks me gently.

I then feel his hands on my feet. "It's swollen," he states.

"I'm guessing you sprained it. You should have been more careful," Ryan gently chides.

"I'm sorry," I mutter, bending my head low.

"Hop on."

"Excuse me?" I ask, confused.

"Hop onto my back," he repeats.

"What?!" my voice cracks and my lips go dry at the very thought of my body pressed against his.

"I'll carry you. Anyway, it's just a ten minute walk from here," he explains, pulling me towards him and guiding my arms around his shoulders and grips my thighs firmly on either side of his body. I nearly faint of embarrassment as my chest presses firmly against his hard-broad back.