09| Novem

The heart wants what it wants

-Woody Allen

Leah's Pov:

I always knew that Ryan wasn't much of a conversationalist, mostly I'm the one that does all the talking, so imagine my surprise when he makes the first move by placing his lips on mine.

Initially I froze in shock as I felt his mouth softly graze my lips, seeking my permission and it took me a few seconds to comprehend what was happening before I opened my mouth and slowly lost myself to the kiss.

"That was- "

"Amazing."

He completes my sentence breathlessly before leaning in to claim them again.

Obviously Luke and I shared a few pecks here and there, but none of them compared to the one I am sharing with this man right now, those were in fact baby kisses.

And these were-

Incredible.

Sensual.

And I could feel his emotions through every kiss- want, need and lust.

My legs latch around his waist as he scoops me in his strong arms. I feel like I'm drowning as he deepens the kiss, but I don't mind him taking my breath away like how he is slowly stealing my heart- one broken piece at a time.

I lie on his chest as he plays with a strand on my hair. "Are you sure?" I mumble, with my ear listening to the steady rhythm of his heart as he breathes steadily.

"Sure about what?"

I sigh as I close my eyes. "You didn't kiss me because you feel pity for me, did you?" I ask him softly, bracing myself for the heartbreak.

How can he fall in love with me? He is either ugly or blind if he says he doesn't, but I doubt he's ugly. Even a blind girl can realize how amazing he is, just from touching his long lashes and chiselled jaws till his taut abdomen.

I wonder what color his eyes are.

He takes a sharp intake of air. "Are you kidding? You make me feel many emotions, but one of them is certainly not pity! In fact, you look so hot right now that I feel horny," he mutters as he kisses the nape of my neck.

Tears prick my eyes as I'm overwhelmed by his actions. I never thought I would ever have a shot at happiness again. I feel his calloused hands tip my chin up.

"Why are you crying? Fuck, Leah, please don't cry. I hate to see your tears. Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry."

His voice sounds perplexed and worried and I wipe my tears with the back of my hand before hugging him tight.

"The opposite actually, you make me want to love again."

***

"Good for you!" she venomously spits out. I stare in shock at the lady with a sneer on her face.

She was wearing the same thing she wore when I had seen her last- a blue chiffon dress with a small silk shawl draped around her bare shoulders but instead of being pure white, the cashmere stole was crimson red.

I notice the gash on her cheek, marring her once beautiful face. "Are you finally happy with us out of the picture?" she motions the man to her left to step forward from the shadows.

"Ah-" I choke as the man grips my throat and gives me a menacing smile that sends chills down my spine.

"You did this to us," she seethes as her blonde hair splays around her shoulders and her dark eyes flash angrily, filled with hate and disgust towards me.